Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 04:17 PM

4 posts, read 10,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikitry View Post
I visited City Trust apartments on 955 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT and was very impressed with the apartments and quality. I am planning on moving from Norwalk, CT, and thought check out Fairfield, Black Rock and Bridgeport. To be honest the best apartments I have found within budget were the City Trust apartments.

I wanted all your opinions about a few things. Apart from Bridgeports reputation for being dangerous city overall -

1. Is crime a problem around the 955 Main Street area?
2. Is it safe to walk around there after dark?
3. I know there is a Port Jefferson ferry, but are there plans for a Manhattan ferry?
4. Does anyone have any good recommendations for Black Rock condos?

Thanks in advace.

Additional Information: I am 24 years old and single, so no family worries yet. I work in Stamford and plan on taking the train in.
I just signed my third lease at the City Trust Apartments in Downtown Bridgeport. The area is safe. We now have a fantastic restaurant 'Amici Miei' downstairs that delivers great italian cuisine to our apartments. The apartments are heated by geo-thermal wells so my electic/heat bill hasn't gone over $75 per month all in. There are 117 apartments of which about 110 are rented. Great mix of tenants. One block from Metro North. A great place to live. Very affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,145 times
Default Golden Hill Apartment at 144 Golden Hill

Don't rent at Golden Hill, once my lease is up I am not renewing. This winter has been bad with snowstorms and GDC properties charges you for parking. They charge those who sign leases $60.00 a month for parking but there are people that park in our lot without paying and they take up our parking spaces. The management does nothing about that since I've complained. Also with the snow falling they do not clean the lot and the tenants are not able to get in or out of the building parking lot. It is a dangerous situation was there an emergency in the building and emergency personell were not able to reach us in the building.
GDC only wants your money, do not rent here.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
I'm debating looking at city trust or golden hill. Anyone know if auto break ins or theft would be an issue in this area?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I'm debating looking at city trust or golden hill. Anyone know if auto break ins or theft would be an issue in this area?
Hi mini.

From what I've seen online, they seem pretty nice. A little on the pricey side for Bridgeport but still nice. Unfortunately I know people who have had their cars broken into in various sections of Bridgeport, including Black Rock and downtown. I don't know about this specific area; I'd recommend you contact the Bridgeport PD for actual statistics.

Are you looking anywhere else in CT? I'd suggest you also look into downtown Milford - there are some pretty nice apartments there and it's within walking distance to restaurants and Metro North.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM

241 posts, read 543,231 times
I use the City Trust parking lot and I think that checking with the local police about statistics is a good idea. I've personally seen only one break-in (a car with smashed window) in my lot during two and a half years there. Frankly, with the large size of the garage I'm surprised that I haven't seen more, but the lot is pretty well patrolled by a private security firm and is also across the street from a police substation. It is, however, in very poor repair; you should insist on looking at the garage as part of your visit if you go to look at apartments. There was an electrical fire in the garage over a year ago and they still have not fixed the permanent lighting system. The management company moves at a snail's pace on larger projects like this. On the upside, the apartments are very nicely done inside, the location is convenient for commuters, and I've liked my neighbors there.

I don't know about the Golden Hill lot, but the warning from post # 12 would give me pause about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut