Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times

Advertisements

New Haven = War Zone
Hartford = Out of Control
Bridgeport = Drug War
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:34 PM

21,749 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
New Haven = War Zone
Hartford = Out of Control
Bridgeport = Drug War
That doesn't make any sense. Most homicides are drug/gang related. The violence in all 3 cities has the same root cause.

Also, I think you are over-exaggerating. You want to see a war zone, go to Darfur! New Haven has a Shake Shack opening. Some war zone.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,619 times
FIrst off why would anyone try to say that places like WIllimantic or Manchester are "bad" places. Thats a joke. Whats Willimantic have 20k ppl in the middle of nowhere. And for the people who are saying the cities in CT dont compare to all these St. Louis's, Flint's, Detroit's, i have some info for you. New Haven, Hartford and Bridgeport are all in the top 20 for most dangerous cities in the United States.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-04-2012 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Name Calling

Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,619 times
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express;[URL="tel:11940091"
11940091[/url]]Bridgeport gets a bad rap. Downtown area with the train station, ferry and arena isn't bad and neither is black rock, but the area around Bassick high school Fairfield ave area, and east bridgeport (east of the Pequonuck river) can be a little dicey.

With that said, I'd MUCH rather walk around bridgeport alone at night then around Danbury, waterbury, or hartford alone at night.

.....Danbury, that must be a joke. Lmao

Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks12 View Post
.....Danbury, that must be a joke. Lmao

Look at the date I posted that: December 8, 2009 almost 3 years ago. Now that I go to school there and am actually up there a lot more then I was 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course it looks absurd now. Bumps like in this topic are the reason topics more then 4 months old should be permantly locked.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy6151 View Post
were did yu live in south norwalk?

You bumped a topic that hadn't had a reply in 11 months to post this??

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM

184 posts, read 292,262 times
I agree with the poster above who said the roads, highways, and therefore outer suburbs are by far the "most dangerous" areas of Connecticut.

Unless you are involved in some illegal activities yourself (e.g. prostitution or drug sales), your risk of a violent death is basically equal to the number of miles you drive each day and a function of the speed at which they are driven. There are many studies that back this up - no need to rehash them here but read my previous posts.

The posters here are primarily suburbanites, so you gotta take anything you read here about the more diverse cities (e.g., NYC, New Haven, Stamford, Boston, Hartford) with a liberal grain of salt. There's a reason why property values are actually higher in many parts of New Haven, NYC, and Boston than just about any of the boring, car-oriented, and now rapidly declining suburbs. Suburban posters tend to focus on crime and schools when they talk about cities, and the reality is, most of what is posted about those topics is either a generalization or simply not correct.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Most dangerous place in Connecticut?

Between Richard Blumenthal and a TV Camera....

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM

3,350 posts, read 4,167,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon860 View Post
I agree with the poster above who said the roads, highways, and therefore outer suburbs are by far the "most dangerous" areas of Connecticut.

Unless you are involved in some illegal activities yourself (e.g. prostitution or drug sales), your risk of a violent death is basically equal to the number of miles you drive each day and a function of the speed at which they are driven. There are many studies that back this up - no need to rehash them here but read my previous posts.

The posters here are primarily suburbanites, so you gotta take anything you read here about the more diverse cities (e.g., NYC, New Haven, Stamford, Boston, Hartford) with a liberal grain of salt. There's a reason why property values are actually higher in many parts of New Haven, NYC, and Boston than just about any of the boring, car-oriented, and now rapidly declining suburbs. Suburban posters tend to focus on crime and schools when they talk about cities, and the reality is, most of what is posted about those topics is either a generalization or simply not correct.
Your posts always crack me up Anon. Do you really believe what you are spewing out or is this all an act? Even if I equalize population, the zero traffic fatalities in most bedroom communities do not balance with the 30+ murders in NH. You've also taken some liberty in using "accident" in lieu of "crime", which is not the question at hand.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Most dangerous place in Connecticut?

Between Richard Blumenthal and a TV Camera....
LOL. Maybe back when this thread was first started. Not so much since '11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut