Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:05 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Isolated? The Hartford/Springfield metro is over 2 million people.
Could be mistaken, but hat456 was probably talking about Litchfield County and "the Quiet Corner."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
Could be mistaken, but hat456 was probably talking about Litchfield County and "the Quiet Corner."
Perhaps, but it would be misleading to someone from NV who has no idea about the I91 corridor.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM

18 posts, read 96,388 times
Pros:
You get all four seasons (which is nice)
The leaves in the Fall are just beautiful
Good schools
Near beaches
Lots of parks
Lots of families
A close commute to Boston & New York (about 2 hrs from both)

Cons:
Expensive
The winter here is terrible
The nightlife isn't that great
People aren't that friendly

*I've lived here my whole life & my only good friends still are the ones I made in high school! I love them dearly, but a lot of people in CT are from CT*

Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,920 times
From California planning on relocating to CT -- will be working out of Manhattan, NY. Any suggestions on a great location to live (i.e., nice, reasonable, near highways and trains, etc)?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohemyv View Post
From California planning on relocating to CT -- will be working out of Manhattan, NY. Any suggestions on a great location to live (i.e., nice, reasonable, near highways and trains, etc)?
You should probably start a new thread. Be sure to include price range.

That said, look into Greenwich, Stamford and Darien.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohemyv View Post
Also you will need to provide more information like what type of community you are looking for and the price range. Jay

Old 03-17-2011, 02:23 PM

323 posts, read 634,004 times
I should have clarified my comment: I meant isolating for the Northern half of the state because I am used to a more densely populated area, near NYC. Yes, Litchfield County is beautiful but QUIET. The Northeastern part of the state does have a larger population, but has a spread out suburban feel. And a no-man's-land feel in the winter. Hartford, no offense, is a small city, and some areas are scary at that, even after being around NYC for years. I know the mayor, etc... is working on building it up, adding a gourmet grocery store recently.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM

250 posts, read 563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid9 View Post
Pros:
You get all four seasons (which is nice)
The leaves in the Fall are just beautiful
Good schools
Near beaches
Lots of parks
Lots of families
A close commute to Boston & New York (about 2 hrs from both)

Cons:
Expensive
The winter here is terrible
The nightlife isn't that great
People aren't that friendly

*I've lived here my whole life & my only good friends still are the ones I made in high school! I love them dearly, but a lot of people in CT are from CT*

True that, but dont forget that most states have life long residents like CT.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 PM

576 posts, read 1,218,877 times
Pros-
Beautiful mystical landscape, green, colorful falls... very avalonian feel

Opened-Minded people

Not over populated, but in balance, but not enough to be lonely

There are things to do,

Out-door friendly and it smells great outside

Beaches

Great schools

Diverse

The good Food

Small enough to travel out of state (NYC-Boston)

Good vibes as spiritualist like myself, the land is a spiritual place believe it or not, powerful vortex under this land here...

Gay friendly as I am gay myself

I feel connected but not CUT off :-D so why you think that name menifest itself because some people can connect here or CUT off LOL

Connecticut has it's own character

Looks like home to me

Con-
Winter weather

Can be boring to some people who are low-life, (not boring for me just live to the fullest to those basher bastards) LOL

Some people can be rude, like any place in this world

Things can be price (big deal at least we got price-rite) LMAO

To hat456 (spread out suburban feel) I never seen a real f suburban feel when I was living in Salt lake City area for a while. Thats real suburban feel. Connecticut is more forest feel

Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,218 times
For Christ's sake, I came here looking for perspective on what it's like to live in Connecticut and what I could prepare myself for, not a bunch of political mumbo jumbo from disgruntled government-hating republicans. If I wanted to live in a conservative state I would look into Mississippi, but I'm not, so these "opinions" are neither helpful or warranted. Since you are all so damn angry I can see I'll probably enjoy myself there.

Last edited by JayCT; 07-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Removed Calling Out of Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut