Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM

34,637 posts, read 56,411,621 times

Advertisements

Toto - I admit that I have not been following the story as close as I use to but that is primarily because you really can't rely on what the media says. I remember the Karan Aparo trial years ago where the Courant and the TV news stations had her convicted long before the trial ended. The jury came back with a not guilty verdict. After that I realized that the media does not necessarily see things the way a jury does.

I am not a fan of Perez and I personally think he should step down for the good of the city. The guy has such a big head though that he is refusing to do so which hurts Hartford a lot. I would guess that he will appeal if convicted and then still refuse to give up his office until they drag him away in handcuffs. JMHO, Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 11:54 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,921,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoForeigner View Post
Alrighty then,

So the prosecution has rested. Now comes the next phase: The Defense. Do you think the prosecution put on a convincing argument? Will the defense call Eddie to the stand? Does anyone on City-Data even give a damn? Am I simply talking to myself right now? (Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to those last two). Whatever happened to all the people who used to post insightful and intelligent things on this thread? Hell, whatever happened to the people who used to post small-minded and asinine things on this thread? (Really I miss both). Should I just delete my City-Data account and sell my body to science? (Right now, it seems like that would be more productive than this). Why am I even trying to strike a debate with people who'd rather whittle soap bars than discuss a major New England political event? (Probably has something to do with my father never hugging me as a child).

Need I go on?
Well certainly care about Hartford as it's the "hub" of our region...but because the city limits are so small, there is not a thing we can do about it, and I don't plan on living in the city any time soon.

With time and such being so strapped these days, I try to not spend time getting involved with things I can not impact or have any influence on.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 PM

42 posts, read 70,073 times
Dear Citizens of Hartford,

For a while now, my thread has both belittled the Mayor as well as thrown his leadership into doubt. I fully apologize. I never realized he was severly dyslexic.

To Jay and JV: I'm really sorry you guys aren't watching this. The Perez trial has officially jumped the shark. P.T. Barnum couldn't have dreamt of a better scenario.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoForeigner View Post
To Jay and JV: I'm really sorry you guys aren't watching this. The Perez trial has officially jumped the shark. P.T. Barnum couldn't have dreamt of a better scenario.
What are we supposed to do? Go campaign in the city limits to try and change Hartford residents vote when we have none?

Outside of the city, there is little to nothing anyone can do. Why watch what you have no impact upon? I'm keeping loose tabs on it from a news perspective, but that's about it.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM

34,637 posts, read 56,411,621 times
I did find yesterday's testimony interesting. The Mayor is dyslexic and his staff limits his reading and intercepts his emails? That is a new one on me. I did find it interesting though that his Chief of Staff noted that at the time the invoices were due was the same time his wife was sick. I can understand him being distracted by that but I am not sure that is a good excuse or not.

As for the Mayor's leadership, I personally have been questioning it long before any of this came up. I do not think he has done a good job and in fact even wthout these allegations thought he should have been removed from office. JMHO, Jay

Old 06-12-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
What are we supposed to do? Go campaign in the city limits to try and change Hartford residents vote when we have none?

Outside of the city, there is little to nothing anyone can do. Why watch what you have no impact upon? I'm keeping loose tabs on it from a news perspective, but that's about it.
Relax JV, I'm not blaming you for anything. I understand Hartford city proper is so small (I think somewhere around 15 square miles) that it serves more as a symbolic figurehead of the metro area than it actually does as a city itself. As such, there is no jurisdiction that Perez actually has over the surrounding towns. I grant you that.

Still, I'm merely trying to keep the discussion alive -- for those directly affected by him and those only indirectly affected by him. If you or anyone else is dispassionate about this however, that's perfectly fine too.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:17 PM

Prosecution has rested. Defense has rested. Wednesday the jurors begin deliberating.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:10 PM

The jury has officially begun deliberation!

Just thought you'd like to know.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 AM

Guilty on 5 out of 6 charges. Buh bye Eddie! Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

Wait, let me write it so Eddie can read it too: Eidde Zerep ytliug fo evif tuo fo xis segrahc.

I just hope something worse doesn't come behind to fill the void. Knowing Hartford's record, I"m not holding my breath.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Accepting a bribe from Costa:

STEEEERIKE ONE!

Using Citino as a means of gaining Giles' support:

STEEEERIKE TWO!

Having your Chief of Staff claim you're dyslexic:

STEEEERIKE THREE!

EDDIE PEREZ, YOU ARE OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut