U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2008, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
Default Diversity in Stamford

We maybe relocating soon to Stamford and are looking for diverse neighborhoods to raise our kids, ages 10 and 12. I am from Wash,DC he is from Philly and grew up in multiracial neighborhoods. Currently we live in an upper class majority white neighborhood. We are both black. Can anyone suggest an area that has multiracial people at a upper middle class income level.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 AM

2,325 posts, read 5,928,691 times
Most any neighborhood in Stamford would be welcoming towards your family. I live in the Bulls Head area--right in the heart of Stamford, and our neighborhood is tremendously diverse. I like to tell everyone that our cul-de-sac alone has an Indian family, a multi-racial family, Hispanic family, 2 gay families (us included), an Asian family, and French family.
I would focus on neighborhoods inside the city, and you'll find diversity is most everywhere.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:32 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,898,260 times
Stamford is a very diverse place. The majority of the population may be white, but don't be fooled by that. There are notable pockets of well-educated blacks, Latinos, Asians, etc. in this city. I dont' know Stamford's neighborhoods well (I'm in Hartford county, which is also getting diverse in some towns) but you shouldn't have a hard time finding a nieghborhood in this city that's safe, upper-middle-class, and tolerant. Good luck to you if in fact you can afford it - because it's getting REALLY expensive.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,846 times
I have lived here for 8 years and love my city for its diversity. I really can't think if any neighorhoods NOT diverse. My favorite area of Stamford would be Westover..mostly for its close proximity to everything. A great mix of new builds and older homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut