Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM

7 posts, read 25,004 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the Guilford and Woodbridge areas? Does anyone know what their school districts are like and if they are nice areas (ie: crime, etc.)? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 07:20 PM

254 posts, read 1,054,054 times
there is not much if any crime in Woodbridge..it is very..well wooded It is rural but right next to New Haven so there are stores etc... (not as rural as Bethany) I used to nanny for a family in Woodbridge but they did not go to public school, they went to a private jewish school (there is a large jewish population in Woodbridge) The public schools are supposed to be very good though! I personally like Guilford better, since it is on the sound and has a cute downtown with restaurants, shops etc.. The commute is harder though because of the Q bridge. Neither are high crime areas at all.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 32,626 times
I live in Woodbridge and my sister lives in Guilford. They are very similar in many ways.
Both very little or no crime. Both have excellent public schools. Both high taxes and don't get much for your taxes paid. No town garbage pick-up in Woodbridge you must contract your own.
No real downtown in Woodbridge, Guilford has many shops along the "green" and nice restaurants.
If you want the water go to Guilford but be ready to deal with traffic especially along I-95 and the "Q" bridge.
Woodbridge is next to New haven so many restaurants of all ethnicity available.
My husband and I really like Woodbridge, quiet town, woodsy and most houses over 1 acre of land.
Anywhere you go in Ct. you'll pay high taxes, the only drawback.
Good Luck

Old 04-09-2007, 03:46 PM

3 posts, read 11,371 times
both nice, guilford you got the shore, in Woodbridge its the woods... in summer though Guilford has traffic...and tons of it. RTE1 is a parking lot as is I95!! but, If I HAD to choose, id take guilford over woodbridge... as im younger (40's) and still like the bustle of the town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut