Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 AM

893 posts, read 790,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourct View Post
OH well, Chick-fil-A responded this time.

"There are currently no plans to develop a Chick-fil-A Restaurant in Connecticut. Each year, we receive literally hundreds of requests from customers regarding possible locations at or near which they would like to see a Chick-fil-A Restaurant. Although we appreciate our customers' input, our Chick-fil-A Restaurant new opening locations are determined internally through our own market research after thoughtful analysis."

I don't understand why they are in MA, NJ, NY....but not CT!!!!
Maybe because they seem to only open Italian restaurants here it shows them it wouldn't go over. I would think even Italians would get sick of eating only Italian all the time, but I guess not. I do love the pizza though.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I'll be really shocked if that blue law isn't lifted this year. The state is turning over every rock right now to come up with $$$$$$$. There's no way they're going to pass up an extra day of sales, and the tax revenue that would be generated, IMHO.
Could be, but the liquor store owners have a pretty good lobby. A lot of the stores don't stay open past 8, even though they now can. The store owners didn't want that hour extension, so imagine how little they want another day. (Store owners argue that with Sunday opening you don't get many more sales, you just get the sales distributed over a longer week.)

But what this state needs is a way to buy a six pack of beer after 8 or 9 PM.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
Have you seen their shopping area?????????
Third time:

Have you seen OUR shopping area??????????? (Manchester)

Old 01-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe because they seem to only open Italian restaurants here it shows them it wouldn't go over. I would think even Italians would get sick of eating only Italian all the time, but I guess not. I do love the pizza though.
You've got to be kidding me right? I'm really starting to wonder if your problems with our state is not "us".

Only open Italian restaurants?

I will certainly admit there are a lot of Italian eateries here, it's hardly all that gets "opened". In fact, in my city, of the dozen or so "new" restaurants that have opened recently, only two are Italian and they are simply two pizza joints.

Maybe it's different in Woodbury, but I don't remember it being that way - unless you consider somewhere like Carmen Anthony's an Italian place.

Maybe you are right and I'm just freakin blind. Maybe we are all rude, only eat Italian food, and our shopping areas suck compared to Wilkes Barre.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 AM

756 posts, read 2,218,377 times
Or maybe we are all sarcastic and think we are right all the time!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Could be, but the liquor store owners have a pretty good lobby. A lot of the stores don't stay open past 8, even though they now can. The store owners didn't want that hour extension, so imagine how little they want another day. (Store owners argue that with Sunday opening you don't get many more sales, you just get the sales distributed over a longer week.)

But what this state needs is a way to buy a six pack of beer after 8 or 9 PM.
You're right, they definitely have a strong lobbyist record, but from a consumers standpoint, i don't care about whether or not the hours would be convenient for them. Harsh thing to say, but that's how i feel. I don't purchase very much at all, but i know i would purchase more often if it were available on Sunday. So, in *my* case, the state is losing a little bit of tax revenue. I'm sure that i'm not the only casual drinker whose sale is being lost due to the restriction.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
My understanding is that in order to start a Chick-fil-A franchise, one must be both the owner and manager. They don't allow you to own multiple stores, either.

I have never verified this, though.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:22 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Brass Mill is a joke. Danbury is a little nicer. Where I go there is no outlet traps which is what outlets truly are. PA has the Mall on one side of the interstate and all the other stores not Mall related on the other side with great restaurants and hotels.
Agreed about Brass Mill.

But have you even considered the other places, nevermind visit them? Or do you just hate CT so much that you need to go to Wilkes Barre, PA (what?!) to shop?

LOL, sorry, I just think it's funny.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 01-16-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 01-17-2009, 06:55 AM

893 posts, read 790,088 times
What I find odd is that my shopping preference would tick everyone off here. Why do you care where I shop?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
What I find odd is that my shopping preference would tick everyone off here. Why do you care where I shop?
No no...that's not it, not at all. Please let me explain.

It's not that you came on here and said "I like to shop at Wilkes Barre - it's great. You should check it out". I'd probably reply with "gee, who knew? Thanks!" As I myself have on occasion raced at Pocono...I'm sure my wife would appreciate the info and love the chance to leave some cash there. ( )

You came on with the attitude of "I go there for REAL shopping" making the assumption that CT sucks and that place is great. The reality is, we have a HUGE shopping Mecca here in the Hartford area that would probably make you say "holy cow".

If you really want to split hairs, FFC has some of the swankiest boutiques (located in an organic and real main street European feel type of setting) in the nation that no "planned box" like Phillips Place (Phillips Place, Charlotte, NC) in Charlotte or XYZ boomtown can recreate no matter how many new "old" statues they toss in there. It's a planned fake box.

I hope you understand better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut