Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
WOW Kid! Holy moly. Good reactions on your part. You're luck you had that third witness.

On the flip side, now you know why lots of "inner city" folks have an aversion to police. Granted, a lot of times it's blown out of proportion, but still...
Yeah....it really ruined my day. I'm waiting for my old roommate (who is a cop) to see what I should do next, and if I should follow up with the complaint.

Road rage is getting so bad nowadays. Some people are so angry I just feel bad for 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I drove to the Troopers station in Bethany instead of going to work that morning and filled out a report against the officer. I took down everything that happened and was so angry at the nasty things he said to me that I asked the woman to head down and fill out a report as well. She agreed, because she watched the officer accuse me of road rage, being drunk and in possession of drugs. The best part? The witness is the wife of a Redding cop!
Beautiful! Keep us updated on this!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:29 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Holy smokes Kid, its unbelievable that kind of thing can happen. I would press that one right to the end. But at the same time be smart about it; know when to cut your losses... I too grew up in a law enforcement family. I never saw this stuff though!

I have a good one too. I was riding my motorcycle on my country road one summer night going too fast, and got bagged by the trooper who lives up the street from me. He tailed me in his cruiser on his way home with his lights off. I didn't even know he was there! lol But it was legit; I was speeding and got caught. After he dressed me down (short, tough guy...) he wrote the ticket (which I managed to talk him down on the speed) and left me on the side of the dark road to put my papers back under my seat by feel... The ironic part of this, is I was driving behind this guy one Saturday morning on my way to the dump. He was driving his F350 turbo diesel on our road at speeds in excess of 75mph (35mph zone), with his young daughter in the truck not belted in. I could see her bouncing around in the truck. This same fella has quads (these guys make good $$$...) and likes to ride them in the streets with his kids as well. Another case of do as I say not as I do...

Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM

722 posts, read 1,981,898 times
yea and wuts with the cell phone law? cops dont even follow it

Old 01-14-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Beautiful! Keep us updated on this!
You bet.

Tetto- I can't believe your neighbor gave you a ticket, then left you in the dark. Friends of mine are officers in various towns and I always correct them when they drive (in good fun of course). Most of them speed, don't use signals, drive after a few beers (not drunk, but still legally above the limit). It's a little funny - if they get pulled over, they have a badge to flash. We don't. lol

Also thanks for asking people not to bash cops. Most cops are good people who really have a tough job to do while being in the spotlight of the media.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
yea and wuts with the cell phone law? cops dont even follow it
Now theres a law I break on a daily basis. lol

I actually haven't heard of anyone getting tagged for using their cell - I heard West Haven is really the only city cracking down on it. When I pass a cop in Shelton I don't even bother to hang up. They don't really care all that much. Heck, 9 times out of 10 they're on the phone themselves!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
does getting the big stick black and blue outside of the USA count ?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
You bet.

Tetto- I can't believe your neighbor gave you a ticket, then left you in the dark. Friends of mine are officers in various towns and I always correct them when they drive (in good fun of course). Most of them speed, don't use signals, drive after a few beers (not drunk, but still legally above the limit). It's a little funny - if they get pulled over, they have a badge to flash. We don't. lol

Also thanks for asking people not to bash cops. Most cops are good people who really have a tough job to do while being in the spotlight of the media.

Yep, I've seen all the same things you're saying. I think he felt obligated to ticket me; I was going WAY over the limit, but he did knock it down so there would be no reckless driving charge... I have to thank him for that! I now drive a reasonable velocity.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Holy smokes Kid, its unbelievable that kind of thing can happen. I would press that one right to the end. But at the same time be smart about it; know when to cut your losses... I too grew up in a law enforcement family. I never saw this stuff though!
True Story:

One of my customers is a very recently retired Master Sgt with the State Police overseeing the "guys on the road" (Can't remember how he said it...but basically said "I don't work behind a desk").

In fact now that I think of it...Kid, DM me and perhaps we can find out who/how to light a fire under someone.

We had a long chat and he told me flat out that the State Police is a shadow of what it once was. "Honor and Integrity" and serving the public have been replaced with "greed and power". He said the next generation are more concerned about how far they can get up the ladder and figuring out how they can jocky position within the ranks and "get paid" instead of serving the people of CT.

He wasn't bitter, if anything it was just the opposite and you could tell this was a man of integrity and honor. In fact he said he stayed longer then he had too and could have left years ago and collect his pension. But on principle he felt obligated to stay until a bad injury made him finally toss in the towel. He said a lot of "old timers" are really concerned with the next generation coming up.

We talked for about 30 minutes and he really opened up.

It was a very sobering conversation. In the end, I shook his hand, thanked him for his service to the state and didn't charge him a dime.

We used to have one of the best State Police forces in the nation - I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote:
I actually haven't heard of anyone getting tagged for using their cell
Now you have. In fact, I even had my BT sitting in the console but it died so I had to talk on the phone. I think the cop was bored. I sent the ticket in with the receipt for my BT device and it was thrown out without having to go to court.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:05 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,158,957 times
Quote:
Now theres a law I break on a daily basis. lol

I actually haven't heard of anyone getting tagged for using their cell - I heard West Haven is really the only city cracking down on it. When I pass a cop in Shelton I don't even bother to hang up. They don't really care all that much. Heck, 9 times out of 10 they're on the phone themselves!
I've gotten pulled over for it before, but was given a warning. It was a state trooper on I-91 north in Hartford. The cop was nice about it. He told me to be careful because sometimes they have them going out on the road looking for people who are doing distracting things while they're driving.

For some reason I ALWAYS get pulled over when they have those "traps" at the end of the highway ramps. I have never been given a ticket though.

I used to have a little green pontiac years ago. I had a crack in the plastic on one of the front lights. The moisture used to kill the light bulb. My mother in law lives in Bloomfield, and for some reason every single time I went out there to get my children (she babysat for me when I was in school at night), i would get pulled over. They'd always let me go with a warning, but I must have gotten pulled over about 4 times. Anyway, one cop pulled me over one night (I had my son in the car) and was a complete *****. He started drilling me on why I was in the area and asked me if I was looking for drugs. I felt completely humiliated. He took his flashlight and was nosing around my car with it. He had no common courtesy and was very rude to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut