Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 19,543 times

Advertisements

Hello

Is anyone familiar with the Nichols area in Trumbull? My realtor keeps telling me it is a really nice area especially by the private lake. I am moving from Westchester county, NY. Is this area blue collar or white collar? Professionals or retirees? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance you guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 11:52 AM

223 posts, read 1,168,750 times
Nichols is located in eastern Trumbull near where the Merritt Parkway meets Route 8. It's a quaint and expensive part of town.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee.peddler View Post
Nichols is located in eastern Trumbull near where the Merritt Parkway meets Route 8. It's a quaint and expensive part of town.

Thank you very much. Is it a kid friendly town? Do you know anything about the lake (Pinewood)? I really appreciate any info you or anyone else may have. Thanks

Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM

223 posts, read 1,168,750 times
I had a friend who lived in the neighborhood in the late '90s. It seemed very kid-friendly then. Given the nature of the area (large homes, quiet streets, good schools), I cannot imagine why it wouldn't be kid-friendly today.

I don't know much about the lake. It may on the outskirts of the neighborhood.

Good Luck!

Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee.peddler View Post
I had a friend who lived in the neighborhood in the late '90s. It seemed very kid-friendly then. Given the nature of the area (large homes, quiet streets, good schools), I cannot imagine why it wouldn't be kid-friendly today.

I don't know much about the lake. It may on the outskirts of the neighborhood.

Good Luck!
Thanks for all your input.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM

44 posts, read 325,101 times
I have family there. I have always thought Nichols was a very nice area.

You also have easy access to Metro-North and the ferry in Bridgeport.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,531 times
The Nichols area in Trumbull is a really nice area with mostly white collar professionals. The schools are really good and the town is extremely clean. I really enjoy living here I recently moved here from Mamaroneck, NY. What part of Westchester are you from? Eventhough someone mentioned that this area is expensive it is peanuts compared to Westchester County(As you already know) and other areas in Connecticut. I would definetly recommend this area it is a really nice little town.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:19 PM

23 posts, read 99,743 times
i recently met a woman with her 3 small children and husband who moved to the pinewood lake area about 3 years ago.... from nyc she loves it no the people that much but the community cant be beat
i recently looked at some homes in area and you can get a decent buy
very few for sale on lake
it seems like worlds away when you drive through the area and really it is very close
it is worth a drive
i met a super nice realtor that lives in the area i have her card...she is from new rochelle if you want her number send me a pm and i will get it to you
i only met her once but (being from ny myself) i felt a connection she was very real

Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 PM

3 posts, read 14,981 times
I live near Trumbull Center off of White Plains Rd~~ 20 yrs now. ...around the corner from Nichols Area. Twin Brooks Park would be near both. MLS # 98344722. Great location in small town.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:53 PM

51 posts, read 222,098 times
Pinewood lake is a lot of smaller homes on nice lots especially near the two lakes. Typical suburban living...you have to work hard to know your neighbors. Very "white" town..though I personally know minoritys that live in town...and I grew up there.

The town offers a lot to young familys and kids...and is about as safe as you'll get without a gate. If you have a lot of friends that are minoritys or musicians or funky..they will not be accepted well...nor will your kids if so...nor will you unless you work for certain largge corporations. Nothing much to do except watch the grass grow...you'll almost always have to leave town to do or see anything. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO LEAVE TOWN AND COME TO MY ADOPTED TOWN ..BRIDGEPORT TO GO TO A HOSPITAL...but doctors OFFICES are readily available in several areas of town.

With the exceptions of a few areas and not the one your looking at--you will pretty much need a car every day to escape your home...there is no real local spots...your kids will need to be driven everywhere--though once at a location it will be top notch.

Schools are superior !
Great swim team !
Great football team ..and other teams.

If your looking for a sedate life in a boring community--Trumbull will be for you ! This is where you go if you cannot afford Westport..Wilton or Fairfield.
Absolutely nothing much happens here...because it is so closed. If you really have the finances--go to Westport or Fairfield..in these towns you will find it more ethnically diverse..and the people living there more wordly and interesting.

Bedroom community in this case --is a understatement !!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut