Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 PM

14 posts, read 44,330 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking for a real estate agent for the Orange, Milford, Shelton, and Stratford area, specifically an agent who knows about condos and foreclosures. We are also looking for an agent who knows about pet friendly condos. Any suggestions, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 03:33 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,000,626 times
I think Rich Lee here on the CT forum focuses on Shelton.

He's always been very good with his statistics and information.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,755,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I think Rich Lee here on the CT forum focuses on Shelton.

He's always been very good with his statistics and information.
Thanks JViello. Unfortunately, a clarification is in order. Due to the current real estate market, I have been working as a temporary (in the Accounting field) on and off for over a year. My current assignment is in Shelton. This probably wasn't very clear.

I'm afraid if I add too much more it could be considered REALTOR® advertising.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:04 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,000,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lee View Post
Thanks JViello. Unfortunately, a clarification is in order. Due to the current real estate market, I have been working as a temporary (in the Accounting field) on and off for over a year. My current assignment is in Shelton. This probably wasn't very clear.

I'm afraid if I add too much more it could be considered REALTOR® advertising.
Ah, sorry I didn't catch that.

May512 you should REALLY DM Rich Lee about real estate in Shelton.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:26 PM

14 posts, read 44,330 times
Thank you for the recommendation!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
You have a DM.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
I have to agree. He can't advertise his services but we can. Rich adds so much to this board with his knowledge. I am sure he can help you. Jay

Old 03-13-2009, 10:17 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,755,795 times
Wow...the compliments almost made up for the dismal day that I had.

First of all, when I called my brother to wish him a happy 37th birthday earlier this evening, he dropped the bomb that he, his wife, my niece, and nephew were packing it up for North Carolina.

So, in the course of three years, it's they plus...my brother-in-law, my sister, and my mother who moved to Virginia (separately, but simultaneously). Then a sister-in-law, my other brother, a niece, and nephew who moved to San Diego. [This brother's other son (from his first wife) is still in Connecticut.]

To top it off, dinner tonight at a chain restaurant in North Haven with the same initials as my name (think: primary color plus crustacean - not me, the restaurant) was among the worst experiences ever. The bartender, Mike, was absolutely indifferent. He put the "ice" in service.

After flagging him down like I was stranded on a busy highway, he finally acknowledged me and took my drink order. The first ten minutes he kept his back to the bar. A few minutes later, two seats opened up at the bar. After being seated for five minutes, I again bothered him to take my order. Six minutes later, one of the two meals came out and was placed on the counter next to the bottles of liquor. I recognized it, puzzled that it beat the biscuits and salads. For several minutes, the bar staff argued as to why one of the TV's wasn't set to ESPN. I asked how long it was going to sit there. As Mike and the other bartender Matt worked in tandem to bring it over, I inquired about the biscuits and salads.

In a choreographed maneuver that obviously had played out before, they pointed to each other. The one meal went back on the counter next to the bottles of liquor as three of them went to the kitchen for the salads and biscuits.

A few minutes later, they returned victorious. They not only had the two salads and biscuits, but they were able to locate the other meal. These were brought over, but the original meal remained on the counter! Everything was cold.

I was able to locate a manager to complain. Matt overheard the conversation and immediately threw Mike under the bus.

NOTE: it wasn't busy! Also, mine was the wrong portion (full; supposed to be half), and the other was inexplicably salty.

For those who aren't aware, this particular location only just opened up in December.

Last edited by Rich Lee; 03-13-2009 at 10:41 PM..

Old 03-14-2009, 10:13 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Rich - Sorry to hear you had such a tough day. Weird that the restaurant was in such disarray. Then again, it happens everywherein chain restaurants. A sign of poor management. Again, I would like to thnak you for all of your posts here. They are always insightful. Hope today is better. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut