Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM

127 posts, read 521,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
Kid - we already corrected this in DM, but I feel compelled to say that I included you in the "personal" thing by mistake. So glad we corrected that.

NHC - the only reason I brought up my financial situation is b/c you insinuated (or at least I took it that way) that somehow I could've had a bad experience in SoCt b/c I was jealous of the money that these people had. So I was just disputing that.

This is silly, and I never intended for this to get ugly or personal. And I'll even go so far as admitting that I probably got out a lot of frustration that I felt living there and NOT saying things to people when it offended me b/c I had to live there and it wasn't going to do anyone any good for me to verbally throw down with people everywhere I went. But I saw this thread and saw an oppty to voice how I felt when I lived there. So I really didn't intend to insult you or anyone else. I guess b/c I'm so used to people making less-than-stellar comments about California(ns) and not taking it personally, that I didn't realize you (Connecticut people - BTW, what are you guys Connecticans, Connecticutians, or what???? LOL) all would take a general statement about Stamford so personally. I really didn't intend it that way. I promise.

So I will refrain from saying Connecticut sucks again if you all will refrain from commenting on my fancy pants. Deal?

BTW, I'm in sweats right now. They don't get less fancy than these babies, I can assure you!! LOL!

Friends? Or at least a truce?
Absolutely Truce/Friends I thank you for this response. Besides, us East and West Coast folks can't be going back and forth. If the blue states can't unite, we are all doomed (I am of course kidding here. haha. Before I get someone else worked up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhctguy View Post
Absolutely Truce/Friends I thank you for this response. Besides, us East and West Coast folks can't be going back and forth. If the blue states can't unite, we are all doomed (I am of course kidding here. haha. Before I get someone else worked up).
LOL - can of worms, OPENED!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 PM

982 posts, read 1,100,223 times
No kidding!! Can. Worms. Opened.

You guessed it. That's another thing I didn't like about CT!! LOL! I moved from one liberal state to a more liberal state.

*slinks off muttering about McCain/Palin got robbed*

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
No kidding!! Can. Worms. Opened.

You guessed it. That's another thing I didn't like about CT!! LOL! I moved from one liberal state to a more liberal state.

*slinks off muttering about McCain/Palin got robbed*
Is CT the "liberal" or "more liberal"? Just wondering - I've always considered FFC to be pretty conservative - similar to SoCal.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,758,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I've always considered FFC to be pretty conservative - similar to SoCal.
Fairfield County is fiscally conservative but socially moderate (Bloomberg Republicans).

Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM

And I was just kidding about the liberal thing. I'm really just like Rich described. I shoulda fit in there better, huh?

Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
And I was just kidding about the liberal thing. I'm really just like Rich described. I shoulda fit in there better, huh?
Come on back! I'll help you find a nice rental in Stamford!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
I hate to rock the boat in the middle of a truce but I feel the need to chime in in response to the way my hometown (Stamford) is being described. I don't know what circle of people you associated with or which businesses you patronized while living in Stamford, MFP, but it is a city still mostly populated by the hard working immigrants and children of immigrants who built it up and made it what it is. The city I grew up in is a collection of diverse and well maintained neighborhoods filled with honest people who take pride in their communities and their work.

Perhaps what turned you off is the harried way of life that people like my parents and childhood neighbors have had to adopt as of late due to them being worn down to the breaking point by rising rents, property taxes, food and gas prices, and traffic volumes. These are developments precipitated by the arrival of people from throughout the country who have decided to live unattached to my hometown while amassing their "boatloads" of money before taking off to greener pastures--all the while complaining about how the people in Stamford are not bending over backwards to conform to their ideas of politesse and sunshiny friendliness. Fancy that.

Last edited by brattpowered; 04-15-2009 at 10:54 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Hey Brat - (since we're playing on each others' screen names - LOL)

I think I acknowledged some of what you said already (about a lot of those people probably weren't even from CT but had moved there from NYC to get out of the city), but I will just add that once again, being busy or harried is not a reason to be rude - it's an excuse. I don't think expecting someone to acknowledge a simple "hello" is "bending over backwards to conform." I think it's just common courtesy. So again, you can make all the excuses you want but try looking up "rude" and "impolite" in the dictionary.

And do not make me bring up the chimp!! ROFL!

And quit being a brat.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 AM

132 posts, read 331,594 times
Quote:
Hey Brat - (since we're playing on each others' screen names - LOL)

I think I acknowledged some of what you said already (about a lot of those people probably weren't even from CT but had moved there from NYC to get out of the city), but I will just add that once again, being busy or harried is not a reason to be rude - it's an excuse. I don't think expecting someone to acknowledge a simple "hello" is "bending over backwards to conform." I think it's just common courtesy. So again, you can make all the excuses you want but try looking up "rude" and "impolite" in the dictionary.

And do not make me bring up the chimp!! ROFL!

And quit being a brat.
Please do. I am curious as to how the chimp attack relates to the alleged rude behavior you describe.

In addition, I find it quite humorous that you are ranting about how Connecticutans are so rude, rich and arrogant, meanwhile call locals on the boards here all different names.

I see precisely what your problem was while in Connecticut. It was you. (I lived most of my life in GA and just moved here, so I am not a local).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut