Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM

811 posts, read 1,738,846 times

Advertisements

For those of you who go to the gym right after work and must carry a laptop with you... where do you put your lappy while working out?

I was thinking I would store it in the trunk during that time but anyone think it would get too hot in there during the summer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:49 AM

200 posts, read 610,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbrooktrout View Post
For those of you who go to the gym right after work and must carry a laptop with you... where do you put your lappy while working out?

I was thinking I would store it in the trunk during that time but anyone think it would get too hot in there during the summer?
What color is ur car? Trunk is prob good. I have locked mine in there numerous times in the heat and cold. Make sure you lock it tho

Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,212 times
I also keep mine in the car and its never seemed to be bothered by the heat or cold over the past 2 years so I would probably suggest doing that.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Quote:
For those of you who go to the gym right after work and must carry a laptop with you... where do you put your lappy while working out?I was thinking I would store it in the trunk during that time but anyone think it would get too hot in there during the summer?
Definitely would be too hot in the trunk during the summer months. On the days that you go to the gym, go home, drop off the laptop then go to the gym. If this is inconvenient, find a gym closer to home so you can drop it off first. Thieves figure out all kinds of ways to take stuff. A friend of mine living in Maine, Northern Maine had a laptop stolen out of his car. Car was locked, laptop in a case, on the floor I believe and it still got taken...thieves break the laptops down into parts and sell the parts. So....leave it at home if you can..safest way.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM

83,514 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Dont they have a locker there? Or maybe there's someone there at the gym you can trust to keep in their office until you're done? How about filling an ice cooler in your trunk full of ice and keeping the laptop in a case next to it?

The reason why computers have fans is so the board won't burn up. LOL The car will melt the circuit board in the summertime but I'm talking over 105 degrees. You're fine until July for now.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:54 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:

I go to the gym daily after work and always store it in my trunk. Unless we have extreme temps, I lock it in my trunk for the hour or so I'm there. If temps are >90 or <15, I'll leave it at work for the night and get it the next day. I have a macbook and haven't had problems leaving it in the hot or cold temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut