Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:22 AM

642 posts, read 859,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
I lived there a long time ago (85-89). I was on the 11th floor. At that time it was a valid assumption that the roaches rarely traveled above the 4th floor.
Ewwww!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 02:47 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostersharma View Post
Also there is lot of discrimination to the Renters.
What does that entail? I understand demographics-wise it is mostly Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 AM

25 posts, read 20,124 times
Here's the gist of living at "Fountain Terrace" (btw, there is no fountain):

Dogs:
People who complain about the dogs need to smile and laugh more and get over themselves. Please understand that raccoons, rats, and squirrels are pooping everywhere as well. Also, the vast majority of people who live there clean up after their dogs.

I am far more disgusted by the HUMANS who puke in the front entrance or the elevator and don't clean up after themselves. I'm also more concerned of the HUMANS who smoke cigarettes and throw away their butts on the ground/floor or leave their garbage in the hallway rather than throwing down the chute. That to me seems like much more of a problem than the one person who might not clean up after their dog. You stepped in poop? Clean your shoes and move on....there are far greater tragedies in this world.

"Owners":
For some reason, the owners in this building feel really entitled and behave very snotty and arrogantly. I recently have witnessed very strong arguments/discussions between owners and renters in the lobby/hallways.

I am sorry, but it is not my fault you decided to spunk 150k on a "condo" that isn't worth half that in today's market and feel you need to educate people who simply want to enjoy their lives and live peacefully while they search for a better place or home to buy. The building has no amenities, no service elevator, and the elevators that are there are usually broken 75% of the time.

Residents:

I love diversity. I love people who are different. I don't judge someone by their car or clothing, or worse by their skin color or the language it might appear they speak. People seem to think that if you don't look like an attorney or congressman that you are a bum, not good enough, and thus shouldn't be allowed to live in Fountain Terrace.

For the most part, most people in fountain terrace are very nice people, but there are a few bad apples and it's really obvious. Sucks to be yall folks.

Overall:
If you like pools, it has a nice pool in the summer but it isn't very peaceful or relaxing. The kids and older folks aren't really conducive to the environment a young 25-35 yr old professional might normally seek, FYI.

Parking sucks if you rent. Parking sucks if you own. Some friends who moved out, who had 2 spaces for many years, actually lost 1 space because they decided to rent it out due to not being able to find a buyer. Can you believe that? LOSING A SPACE? They were never told until after too. So the incoming folks thought they were renting two spaces and it ended up being only 1. They fought it, and lost.

The elevators are always broken. ALWAYS.

I have lived there for 5 years and here is why: We have a ridiculously low rent that has not changed in 5 years and has allowed us to save $$$ while planning/searching for somewhere we DO want to live.

I think renting in this building isn't bad so long as you have a plan and know what you are getting into. Buying there is a nightmare, and i'm told this by several young people we know in the building who made the mistake of buying.

Hope this helps anyone who is in the market. I know there are like 2 dozen "condos" combined from both buildings which are on the market.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:29 PM

3 posts, read 1,456 times
Default How is the apartment building at 91 Strawberry Hill Avenue?

Does anyone know about the apartment building at 91 Strawberry Hill Avenue? Another building managed by the same company (71 Strawberry Hill Avenue) got really bad reviews, but I googled and did not find much about the one at 91 Strawberry Hill Avenue. Any idea? Thanks.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,927 times
These two buildings are part of the same complex - Fountain Terrace. Check the reviews if they state which building they relate to (71 is south building, 91 is north building).

Mods: please merge with How is Fountain Terrace Condos in Stamford?

Old 06-01-2016, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 549 times
This place needs a MAJOR FUMIGATION. The ROACH INFESTATION is a serious HEALTH HAZARD.
If you have plans to move here make sure you are willing to deal with the ROACH INFESTATION as your furniture will be taken over by these disgusting insects. THE MANAGEMENT AND THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT SHOULD CONDEMN THIS BUILDING BEFORE THERE IS A MAJOR SPREAD OF DISEASE. THIS IS TOTALLY UNSANITARY LIVING CONDITIONS. BUYER AND RENTER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: