Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,690,667 times

Advertisements

"I will check out Middletown as well.."
most of the apartments in M'town are concentrated in one area - West Lake Dr. it's on the northern tip of M'Town right on the Cromwell line. very nice area. most if not all the complexes there will charge 1200 or less for rent so they're in your price range.
here's a link..

Middletown apartments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 05:34 PM

109 posts, read 437,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
`
And yes, I am coming from Austin. Don't believe the hype. Terrible place.
Too bad you didn't enjoy Austin. I lived there 4 years and loved it. I would consider moving back, if it wasn't for the scorching heat. I love CT though and never want to leave this state.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
I will check out Middletown as well since everyone and their brother seems to recommend it.

Can I get something there for $1200 or less? I am looking for a 2 family or 3 family so it has more of a house feel than an apartment. I have been in apartments for 16 years.
In THAT case, Westlake may not be to your liking. It's similar to "Southern" type apartments and condos.

For a decent 2-3 family type home, not in a burnt out mill town combined with the access points you mentioned (Hartford, FFC etc) I would highly recommend Wallingford. Wallingford to Hartford is easy up 91 and FFC is right off the Meritt. New Haven is 15 minutes away. Wallingford itself is a nice small city.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:44 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
I will be checking out Bristol. Wallingford and Naugatuck tomorrow. Any specific recommendations for things to see to give me a feel for the towns? Any good places for lunch?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
I will be checking out Bristol. Wallingford and Naugatuck tomorrow. Any specific recommendations for things to see to give me a feel for the towns? Any good places for lunch?
Maple Diner and Leo's Restaurant (both in Middlebury near the Naugatuck Line) are good. Also Maggie McFlies has great lunches.

Good luck!

Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Well, I hope I'm not too late.

For Wallingford, be sure to get OFF of RT5 and head into the DT area which is basically N/S Elm Street and Center Street. Also check out the areas EAST of Elm Street around Rosemary Choate. (Christian Street, Ward Street, Church Street etc) Lots of nice 2-3 family homes around there.

If you want to see the "big box" section, head up RT5 towards the Merritt. HD, Lowes, Walmart, BJ's etc all there.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:29 AM

502 posts, read 1,391,525 times
I hope you find something nice... I'm rooting for you!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:45 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
I actually found Wallingford much to my liking and will be focusing my search there. I did see a couple of DISGUSTING privately owned 2 or three families. Absolutely gross. Expensive too. However I did see a reasonable townhouse. I know I will have to put more effort in to looking next time I am up here to make a decision, but this was successful in that I found an area I really like,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut