U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,328 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting Hartford in the next three weeks for a seminar and it will be held at the Crowne Plaza on Morgan St. Is this a safe area? Can I walk to local restaurants? I am already not happy that I have to pay a parking fee of $15 daily and a daily rate of $28 for a refrigerator. I am wandering if I should change my reservation to the Residence Inn at 942 Main St and just walk daily to the Crowne Plaza. Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate it!

Also, if you know any good cheap eats in the area of the two hotels.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM

1,292 posts, read 2,082,444 times
while still working at XL (Market St - Constitution Plaza), i used the dirt parking lot almost immediately across from the hotel ($4/day) and walked about 4 blocks to the XL building. not a terrible area - at least during the day. from the hotel you have easy access to both Main St and Constitution Plaza (Market St) both of which are close to places to eat. there's a food court inside the state house sq building and a public cafeteria inside the Hartford Steamboiler building in the plaza. there's also a bunch of food coaches (?) parked in state house sq outside the old state house. a little further away would be Woody's (a great hotdog place on Pratt), Cornerstone Deli (great chicken cutlets - further up Main) and a Subway (Asylum). and there's another deli on Pratt but i forget the name.
as far as the Residence Inn, it's only a few blocks down Market (or Main) from the Crowne so it's definitely walkable.

Last edited by Slipperman; 06-26-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 09:35 PM

418 posts, read 1,233,150 times
Crowne Plaza is located just outside of downtown in an area that is mostly vacant lots used for surface parking. It's a very quick walk to downtown (less than 5 mins) located just on the outside of the highway. Personally, I'd rather stay at the Residence Inn if I had a choice, but Crowne Plaza is a fine hotel, and since you need to go there every day anyway, there's no good reason to tell you not to stay there.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM

15,742 posts, read 22,004,068 times
If you're looking to stay right in downtown, still very close to Crowne Plaza, you can check out the Holiday Inn Express.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or