U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:09 PM

8,738 posts, read 13,930,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkz View Post
wow...wonder why there is no news about it?! Bridgeport is pretty safe horray!!!
I think most of the damage is in the Hartford area, though when I saw the supposed tornado near Bridgeport my wife said that there was a tornado warning in that vicinity.

I was pretty annoyed that they only briefly talked about it on NYC TV news at the weather part, half of the news was about Michael Jackson. I hope the CT TV stations didn't do this.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 PM

62,736 posts, read 45,125,746 times
Is it possible you are a Alex Kovalev fan like me?? Anyway..no storm damage here.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 PM

8,155 posts, read 17,961,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Also saw on the online Courant that maybe a 2nd tornado near Wethersfield. Anyway, if the Fairfield one is confirmed it would be the first one I've ever seen "live". Wild!
I was literally in the South end of Hartford/North end of Wethersfield area when it hit. Bad joo joo. Really bad. Roads flooded, horizontal rain, massive trees downed etc etc. The first thing I said to my helper in the pass seat was "Hang on for your first Tornado" (He's from SoCal) as we both braced for the worst.

Some may think we were lucky being in a big box truck, but the truth is, it's a big wind sail with thin aluminum sides. It wasn't pretty. The truck is heading to the garage on Monday.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 AM

8,738 posts, read 13,930,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I was literally in the South end of Hartford/North end of Wethersfield area when it hit. Bad joo joo. Really bad. Roads flooded, horizontal rain, massive trees downed etc etc. The first thing I said to my helper in the pass seat was "Hang on for your first Tornado" (He's from SoCal) as we both braced for the worst.

Some may think we were lucky being in a big box truck, but the truth is, it's a big wind sail with thin aluminum sides. It wasn't pretty. The truck is heading to the garage on Monday.
Looks like the NWS confirmed the Wethersfield tornado:

Weather Service Confirms It: Tornado Hit Wethersfield Friday - Courant.com

Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Looks like the NWS confirmed the Wethersfield tornado:

Weather Service Confirms It: Tornado Hit Wethersfield Friday - Courant.com
Wow! I was literally right on Nott Street and Wolcott Hill road where a HUGE tree got ripped out of the ground and slammed down. From what it seems, we were right in the path of the tornado and only about 1000 feet away from the Old Wethersfield green. Holy cow!

Thanks for the link!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 AM

62,736 posts, read 45,125,746 times
Thanks 7Wishes! It was insane that night!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Oh boy...thousands in damage to my main work truck, lost revenue for at least a week (About 5K) and my insurance company is giving me the round around because we "drove into the tornado and caused damage that was both physical and mechanical".

Uh, we were running for our lives! Gotta love insurance companies! Really can't take a 12K+ hit right now, so I hope this is a bad joke.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 AM

23,764 posts, read 39,041,200 times
Sorry to hear this Jay. Good luck with dealing with the insurance companies. They are usually not very accomodating when they have to dish out money. Funny thing is that I talked to people who live very near this area and they had very little damage. Just wind, rain and hail but no damage. a couple of blocks up the street and it was totaal damage. They could not believe how lucky they were. Jay

Old 06-30-2009, 08:58 AM

420 posts, read 988,094 times
I drove through Wethersfield today on my way to New Britain, and wow! There were downed trees EVERYWHERE, as residents pushed them to the sidewalk (for pickup maybe?) but I just couldn't believe the damage!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM

2,157 posts, read 6,446,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature27 View Post
Is it possible you are a Alex Kovalev fan like me?? Anyway..no storm damage here.
Yup...guilty. I think Gomez was a good pick up for the Habs.

Thanks for the reports everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut