U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:17 PM

7 posts, read 24,482 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving my 3 year old daughter from a home daycare in Glastonbury CT to a nusery school/daycare program in our home town Marlbough CT. Does anyone know of a site or resource that I can search for any past complaints? I'm torn -- i dont want to move my daughter - but I can't help but think that the Nursery school program will help her be more prepared for kindergarden... not to mention make some local friends. help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM

4,111 posts, read 12,826,509 times
The first step would probably be to tour it and ask for references. You can always google it, if there's any complaints you'll likely find them.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,195,342 times
The Child Day Care Licensing Complaint Line is covered each day during customary business hours to receive complaints or to review the history of substantiated complaints for a particular licensed provider/facility. Both the Help Desk and Complaint Line may be contacted at the numbers below.
DPH: Child Day Care Licensing Program

One thing to keep in mind, is to make sure to ask if the complaint was substantiated or not. People call the state all the time for false complaints. Some are usually just mad about something trivial like a billing issue so they "call the state on you". The state comes and does an investigation and decides if the complaint is valid.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:57 AM

2,766 posts, read 8,839,168 times
Also keep in mind just because the "new" daycare place also calls themselves a "nursery school" does not mean it is any better then what you already have. I would just go look at it with your daughter and see what feel you get. After viewing a place you should have a gut feeling right off the bat.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:00 AM

2,766 posts, read 8,839,168 times
what is the name of the nursery/daycare??

Marlborough Co-op nursery school has a good review online...http://www.greatschools.net/connecti...y-School/2378/

The Kids Club Childcare and Nursery School Does NOT have good reviews....http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...r.860-295-0498

HOpe that Helps!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:27 AM

THANK YOU for the replies! I will indeed be following up on your suggestions today! Including a few calls to other facilities in town. See if I can get some type of gauge for comparison.
- JViello, thanks for the information.
- KH02, the The Kids Club Childcare and Nursery School is the program I am looking into...I also ran into the negative reviews.
I had a walk through once alone and then again with my daughter. All seems fine (in the BRIEF time I was there) and I like what they have to offer. A structured day and surrounded by children in her age group. Not to mention they are located about of a mile from my house. VERY CONVENIANT. But convenience is not my top priority- the well being and safety of my little munchkin is I'll continue researching!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 6,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquarius221 View Post
I'm considering moving my 3 year old daughter from a home daycare in Glastonbury CT to a nusery school/daycare program in our home town Marlbough CT. Does anyone know of a site or resource that I can search for any past complaints? I'm torn -- i dont want to move my daughter - but I can't help but think that the Nursery school program will help her be more prepared for kindergarden... not to mention make some local friends. help

I had the same question and I found this site called Unitedwatchers.com. A site that allows you to file complaints and request complaint history on Daycare providers.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,414 times
I wish you all the best on your search in Marlborough and I am asking for your help, I am a new mom in Glastonbury, I have a two and half month old baby and I am actually looking for a home day care in Glastonbury as I would have to go back to work pretty soon and was wondering if you could share with me the name of the home day care where you have your daughter so I can check it out, as you mentioned she is happy there and I would like to check it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM

24,566 posts, read 40,120,453 times
If you look, the original post is a few months old now. I would guess the space vacated by this child is now filled.

I also want to ask if you considered a daycare center. We went that route rather than home care and were very pleased. The thing that concerned us about homecare was that you were at the mercy of just one person. If they got sick, then you were stuck. They determined your vacation schedule and days off. And quite frankly, you do not know if they were plopping your child in front of a TV set all day. In a daycare center, there are multiple people to check on children. There is a set schedule which includes going outside regularly and TV is only used as a special treat or on rainy days. JMHO, Jay

Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard View Post
I wish you all the best on your search in Marlborough and I am asking for your help, I am a new mom in Glastonbury, I have a two and half month old baby and I am actually looking for a home day care in Glastonbury as I would have to go back to work pretty soon and was wondering if you could share with me the name of the home day care where you have your daughter so I can check it out, as you mentioned she is happy there and I would like to check it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am so VERY sorry for the huge delay in my responce -seems my email notifications were going into spam: anywho, my daughter was going to Miss Kims Childcare 6 Coltsfoot Circle, Glastonbury, CT 06033.
Phone: 860-657-4129 E-mail: misskimkids@yahoo.com
Kim is wonderful, and if she doesn't have room she will be able to provider information for other reputable home daycares.

UP-DATE: My daughter has been attending The Kids Club since mid-September 2009. The staff is absolutely WONDERFUL! My daughter is growing by leaps and bounds... in a matter of weeks she was
recognizing letters and able to print her name. Now, just a few months later she is able to print each letter of the alphabet with little help from me. also to be noted, my daughter had some potty fears when we started The Kids Club. with the help of the staff and my daughters classmates (as the children were all very encouraging) she was able to overcome her lingering potty fears.

I highly recommend The Kids Club Childcare. They have been all I hoped and more! Veronica

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut