U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 23,606 times

Advertisements

Hi, finally we will be over in Connecticut this weekend and next week with a view to signing up a lease. We have decided on either Fairfield or Westport and our preferred area (without having been there) is the beach area of Fairfield.

In Fairfield we are looking at houses on Benson Place, Alden Street and Oldfield Rd. Does anyone have any views of these places or things to be aware of?

Looking forward to being over there soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 PM

24,369 posts, read 39,840,065 times
All three are nice residential areas. Oldfield Road is a busy street. Both Benson Place and Alden Street are nice quiet side streets. Benson Place is right near Jennings Beach. Alden Street is closer to downtown. I would probably go with either one of them. JMHO, Jay

Old 07-17-2009, 11:23 AM

113 posts, read 454,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoCT View Post
Hi, finally we will be over in Connecticut this weekend and next week with a view to signing up a lease. We have decided on either Fairfield or Westport and our preferred area (without having been there) is the beach area of Fairfield.

In Fairfield we are looking at houses on Benson Place, Alden Street and Oldfield Rd. Does anyone have any views of these places or things to be aware of?

Looking forward to being over there soon!
I lived on Alden street for 2 years and have family that lived on Oldfield rd for decades.

Ahhh my old haunts! There is nothing to fear over that way at all except except maybe drunken college students racing by on their way to the beach!

I really liked living on that section of town. Some of the best times of my life.

I would be partial to Alden place because I used to walk downtown all the time.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM

64,359 posts, read 46,726,744 times
Well congrats on the househunting in CT. I'm sure you'll be happy with what you find. Not sure what your budget is but there is a section in Westport I past through once which was unreal. By the water..I think Exit 17?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 AM

9 posts, read 23,606 times
Thanks for all the advice. We ended up going for the place on Benson Place, its great for the kids to be so close to Jennings Beach and the Sandcastle playground. Also the town is still walkable.

Looking forward to moving in at end August.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 AM

24,369 posts, read 39,840,065 times
Congratulations, that is a great location and probably the one I would have selected too. Good luck wiht your move and keep us informed on your progress. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut