Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

OK, I'm not sure if there is a thread on this already, but I know I've mentioned it in the past.

What the HECK is the deal with the layout of the Post Mall parking lot? Around Christmastime, it took me hours to get out of the parking garage. Holiday shopping - fair enough. But yesterday, I was at the mall until 9 buying some things for an outing this week. When we left, it took us 60 minutes (yes one hour) to go from Dicks/Target to the front entrance where it spills onto Rt 1.

Who designed this awful layout of one skinny, windy road (around empty parking lots) with ONE front entrance? Am I missing a back way out (other than on E. Town Rd, which was backed up like crazy as well)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 AM

34,932 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Traffic around that mall has gotten worse and worse. Complain to the management (Westfield). Maybe they will realize that their layout is bad and fix it. Jay

Old 08-31-2009, 03:01 PM

I've considered that but it's pointless since I don't live in the area anymore - and management will probably laugh at it and continue on with their day. But it is really bad over there. I'm surprised, given the amount of people on this board who live in that area, that nobody else has experienced this.

I won't be going to that mall anymore. I'm not really a mall person anyway.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:29 PM

110 posts, read 174,765 times
yes it sucks it will probably always suck
there are some strange parking situations all over ct that i've come across
the main st stop and stop plaza in bridgeport is also very poorly designed - its like a free for all in there - i'm surprised someone hasn't been hit.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Traffic around that mall has gotten worse and worse. Complain to the management (Westfield). Maybe they will realize that their layout is bad and fix it. Jay
The traffic has gotten bad in part due to people abandoning the Trumbull location, in favor of Milford. If anything, they'll probably make the layout even more difficult, in an effort to get people to return back to shopping at Trumbull!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
The traffic has gotten bad in part due to people abandoning the Trumbull location, in favor of Milford. If anything, they'll probably make the layout even more difficult, in an effort to get people to return back to shopping at Trumbull!
I'll take Trumbull over Milford, any day. At least their parking lot layout is somewhat logical.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM

127 posts, read 521,037 times
It is bad at the Post Mall. The layout makes no sense. You enter easily when getting off of 95 but it's really difficult to get to an exit. My advice, park on the Sears end and walk through the mall to the store you need. I made the mistake of pulling into the mall road two days before Christmas and it was torture to get out of there. People get really pushy (i.e. nasty) as well and they have no problem driving down the wrong side of the road to get ahead.
However, I was at a mall in Paramus, NJ that has an even worse layout with the highway in sight yet no forseeable way to reach it. So at least it isn't the ABSOLUTE worst parking lot. haha.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
That's funny that this was mentioned, I got stuck in the Milford Mall parking lot this past weekend. Round and round I went trying to get out, to the point that my youngest child was moaning that we were lost forever. It's a very poor design, and I had never realized that there was just one entrance. And I'm one of those who have pretty much abandoned the Trumbull mall. I will just make a point to avoid the Milford mall on weekends.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,688,061 times
Milford mall was originally an open air walking mall with a sidewalk concourse&
Alexanders dept store on the back (where JCP is now). The mall was very short and straight. many add ons and excavations to dig out and create the lower levels, add the sears, add the macy's get rid of the diner that was were the upper entrance to sears is now. The property never had a driveway out on the back right side were target is (used to be some catalog outlet S.Merchandise or Green stamps) I think it is land locked, and I doubt the neighbors will give them an easement.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times
Like a second exit to the Post Road would really help anything? Have you seen how dumb people can get trying to block the box at the light with the mall exit now? Either people on the Post Road trying to inch up to the car behind them - preventing people at the mall from trying to get out ... or people coming out of the mall inching up to the car behind them and not allowing people to come onto Route 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut