Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,414 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I am hoping to move to Hartford in a couple months and was hoping to get some information/advice on where to live. I have been to hartford, but mostly outside in Manchester. So I am not very familiar with Hartford itself. I live in Tucson, AZ so this will be a big change for me.

I am 24, female, and single. i am hoping to find a place with some character, great views, and easy access to bars/shopping/restaurants. I also love live music and art. Ive read in other posts about places like Hartford 21 or Lofts and the Design Center. These kind of places are right up my alley, but a little out of my price range for the most part. I am not looking to spend over $1100. And realisticly, would like to stay UNDER that. Parking will also be an issue for me, I will be bringing my car (mini cooper).

Any help would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,003,508 times
I would look into West Hartford and/or the West side of Hartford.

There is always Manchester which is 15 minutes away. lol

Old 09-18-2009, 06:45 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I would look into West Hartford and/or the West side of Hartford.

There is always Manchester which is 15 minutes away. lol
I agree. Jay

Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
I 2nd it, in fact I know someone from what I was doing up there this summer who's similar to what you describe about yourself (only difference is change your age to about 30) and she moved there from out-of-town and ended up living in Manchester and likes it there. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2009, 03:31 PM

241 posts, read 543,366 times
For options in Hartford, I was quite happy with Clemens Place, which is in the West End of Hartford and is right in your price range. The company owns a number of small older buildings in the same area and runs them jointly. I liked the neighborhood a lot, although you should check it out in person to see if it is what you are looking for. There are a few schools nearby (UConn Law, etc), so there are a fair number of young people in the area. I have also heard good things about Park Place Towers, although I think that street-level scene is much less lively there and I don't think I'd be so comfortable walking around at night in the very immediate surroundings. Both places are an extremely short drive from downtown (Hartford is a tiny city!). West Hartford is a very pleasant town, but more suburban. If you are looking for night life in West Hartford, you might want to look for something near Blue Black Square.

Parking isn't a big issue at most of the apartment complexes that I've looked into in Hartford-it seems to generally be free or cheap.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Manchester is actually a good option as well if you plan on renting. Plenty of shopping as im sure you have seen and close enough to hartford for the bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut