Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 PM

91 posts, read 125,628 times

Advertisements

When I first started looking for apartments in the area in and around Rocky Hill, I could find absolutely nothing about an apartment in Cromwell or Berlin. I've been skimming few some posts here, and I've seen some people mention apartments in these towns. Of course, I realize they might have been referring to places that individuals rented out, and I know there's plenty of Condos that are rented out in Cromwell.

Anyway, are there indeed some apartment complexes in these towns that I missed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 03:53 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,028 times
Berlin and Cromwell aren't really known for apartment complexes like Rocky Hill is.
I dont know of any, they are more suburban family type towns with few rentals. Though Cromwell does have quite a few condos that rent out regularly. Check Craigslist for that.
Why are you avoiding Rocky Hill? It's a fine town and it does have LOTS of apartments.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM

I'm not. I'm looking around the town, but also the town itself.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,692,557 times
did you try West Lake Dr in Middletown? it's officially not Cromwell but West Lake is right off of 372 which runs right through Cromwell and into Berlin.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 PM

34,932 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Cromwell has a lot of former apartments that have been converted to condos. Not sure why so many were converted but it was just about all of them. I agree with KH02, check craigslist.com for listings. Jay

Old 11-09-2009, 01:58 PM

9 posts, read 13,799 times
I agree with the other posters - Cromwell really doesnt have a lot to offer by way of "rental complexes" but, just over the "line" (Rt 372) is Middletown and there you will find a great many apartment complexes in and around the West Lake Road area etc...there is something for everyone. I also find more condos available for rent these days. If there is a particular area you are interested in, you could call the management company of the condo complex to see if they would tell you which units are rentals or how to reach out to the owner of a rental unit.
Local papers like the Reminder may also offer some additional listings. Happy Hunting!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I was wondering if there really were none there. There are some nice Condos I've looked at in Cromwell (though there seem to be very few in Berlin, though I suppose that makes sense), and I've been to some places in Westlake as well. Thanks for the replies!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,885,525 times
The only "apartments/rentals" I really know of in Berlin are efficiences in some of the many cheap "independent" (i.e. non-chain) motels along Rt 5 (Berlin Turnpike). But as someone else noted, I know there's lots of nice apartment complexes in Rocky Hill and having worked in the town on a temporary assignment part of this summer, I can tell you it is a really nice town. I also have a friend from down here in Westchester County who relocated to the Hartford area when he worked in IT for one of the big insurance companies up there and he rented and apt. in and eventually owned a house in Rocky Hill with his wife and kids and he loved it there (he's since changed jobs and moved to another part of the US).

I also did some work in Middletown and know the town a bit and depending on where you're commuting to it could work for you too, just make sure you rent an apt. in an area dominated by Weslayen U. students or on the town outskirts and not a more "ghetto" area (though by the standards of say parts of Hartford or Bridgeport, the area I'm thinking of is not quite as "ghetto").

Good luck to you!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Whoa... just found out there's a 6-unit complex in Cromwell. Small, but still counts afaic.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
There are no apartment complexes in Berlin, and if there are any in Cromwell, they're either very small or rare. Rocky Hill has tons of complexes though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut