U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM

6 posts, read 13,481 times

Advertisements

I'm shocked to hear WNYW is no longer available at all (or is just in portions) of New Haven county?

To me, this really annoys and irritates me.
Once again it seems like good old CT and it's massive inferiority complex is trying to artificially manfacture and perpetuate this myth that somehow CT is this massively important market and state that rivals NY.
It seems they can not accept the reality that CT is merely a playground and pass-by state for people between New York and Boston.

I know many people in New Haven County (Milford/New Haven/the valley) who commute to Stamford and NYC.
I think it is really unfair to begin the process of cutting them off from the region (NYC) which is much more promient, important, and relevant to them.

Many of the people in New Haven County live there because Fairfield and NY are just too expensive, now they are less in touch with what is going on in the region and do not get NY Giants games or Yankees games.

It really is infuriating how CT just will not drop it, they continue to push this agenda that New York's influence is just a 'Fairfield' thing.

They also act like Hartford is somehow this interesting market and CT news is so fascinating everybody should want to watch

Fact is Hartford is boring....the news channels have 3rd rate talent....and the way they acted on 9/11....like it was 2,000 miles apart....is sickening.

My fear is that a generation from now all NY channels will be removed from New Haven County and CT will be in kahoots with Mass.

This whole jealously and inferority to NY is ridicolous.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:53 PM

8,413 posts, read 9,656,901 times

Old 11-15-2009, 11:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,008,322 times
In reality, it has nothing to do with jealousy and inferiority and everything to do with business.

Either the cable company decided their bandwidth was better used for digital channels or the Hartford affiliate struck some sort of exclusive deal.

Since New Haven is in the Hartford market, there is no requirement for them to carry NY channels.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,564,629 times
I don't like that the New York stations are being removed from our cable system. I like the news on CBS channel 2, for example, and I would like it to stay there instead of being replaced with Hartford's channel 3. It's more sophisticated and not as dumbed down. Right now we are only getting channel 2 for some of the day; I don't know if they're going to get rid of it entirely. People in Connecticut should be able to hear New York news and Connecticut news. They are both important to us.

We'd better always get the YES Network, or it's gonna get ugly.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 AM

8,156 posts, read 12,942,777 times
If you are going to create another screen name and troll at LEAST have the foresight to change your phonetics a *little*.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 AM

14,424 posts, read 22,856,333 times
The OP is a previously banned troll so I am closing this thread down. Thanks for the responses though. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut