U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 4,960 times
Default stafford school system.....inbreeding? 7 bar town?

Hi all-
I am considering a home that is for sale in Stafford. My main concern is the school system. We have a son who is 6 and in kindergarten now. We have asked around about the reputation of Stafford as a town. We have been told that it is a town full of drunks and rednecks! I really just want to know about the school. We have searched greatschools.com and the scores of the high school and ratings aren't bad. I'm wondering if there is someone out there with first hand experience of growing up and going to school in Stafford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:49 AM

2,584 posts, read 5,395,141 times
My best friend grew up in Stafford and went to school their her whole life. She now has 3 kids of her own and has told me that she would never raise them there.
Though that is her personal opinion for whatever it's worth to you.
It is rural and parts of it are somewhat rundown but the housing is cheap so you can get a lot for your money. Personally If I were buying a home in that area, I'd look in Somers, not Stafford. But again, that's my opinion....

HTH

Unread 11-18-2009, 03:47 PM

13,373 posts, read 20,129,939 times
Stafford schools perform above the state average on the Connecticut Mastery and Connecticut Academic Performance Tests. In fact they perform significantly higher. You can find our more information at the links below. Jay

Strategic School Profiles by District

Strategic School Profiles by School

Unread 11-18-2009, 07:07 PM

11,381 posts, read 10,824,744 times
Inbreeding? Really??

IMO this thread doesn't deserve a response.

Unread 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM

74 posts, read 90,195 times
There are better towns.

Unread 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,764,833 times
Stafford is rural and a small town. To hear comments about being full of drunks and rednecks would not be out of the ordinary, considering the stereotypes of this state: wealthy suburbanites.

I'm not from Stafford, but if small town living is your thing - go for it. Your kids might be bored, and develop a love for tractors and Kenny Chesney music. But it certainly wouldn't be horrible. And there's drunks everywhere. I seen these kids from Stepford drink themselves into oblivion.

Connecticut doesn't have inbreeding anyway.

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:13 PM

34 posts, read 67,089 times
based on the language of your post, you're bound to be disappointed with rural living. please stick to the burbs... where things are much more sophisticated... *sigh.

Unread 11-19-2009, 05:52 AM

2,081 posts, read 2,413,061 times
Oh my gosh, the truth is finally coming out! Yes, there is a huge problem with drunken inbreeding that is spreading throughout our state and it has resulted in an overpopulation of melonheads.

These melonheads are wrecking havoc on our state and no town is safe any more. There is a huge cover up to keep it quiet, too.

Unread 11-19-2009, 06:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,960 times
Thanks to everyone for responding to my thread. The house didn't work out anyway...

Unread 04-10-2014, 02:30 PM

8 posts, read 648 times
Wow. Uh… Ok, so I actually DO want to get info about SS… I was born in Manhattan, lived in the Hudson Valley and loved the small town feel… I've lived in Denver, San Francisco, and now SoCal (the ultimate suburbs between LA and Santa Barbara)… I *hate* suburbs. I am looking for real people, not wanna be actor or wanna be sophisticates. I am looking for more rural than suburb, but with a reasonable access to necessities (medical, entertainment like movie theaters, and occasional cultural things like museams or shows) but really I am a quiet, stay at home type. It sounds like Stafford Springs might work well? at least for me? My kids have been hurt by the SoCal "superficial-ites", the ones who really care what you're wearing… I know they'll probably be bored for a while, but we all want to get away from these types.
Does this sound like a good place for us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut