Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 08:36 AM

16 posts, read 51,255 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the Hartford Courant from this past April? My first child was born on that day and I really wanted a copy of the whole newspaper as a keepsake. I've been looking on-line and most of the sites charge large amounts of money for copies- Hartford Courant charges $45 for a page. I wish I had remembered on that day to get a copy, but I had other things on my mind! I hope you guys can help out.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,925,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmancine View Post
Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the Hartford Courant from this past April? My first child was born on that day and I really wanted a copy of the whole newspaper as a keepsake. I've been looking on-line and most of the sites charge large amounts of money for copies- Hartford Courant charges $45 for a page. I wish I had remembered on that day to get a copy, but I had other things on my mind! I hope you guys can help out.
Thanks so much!
My first thought was that maybe the library would have it, but then I realized that I was showing my age -- I doubt libraries store them, let alone sell them.

Then I did a google search. Check this out! It looks awesome and it seems that you can get the whole paper for less than the cost that the Courant charges for two pages!

NewspaperRemembered for your personalized newspapers with Personalized Certificate of Authenticity.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 AM

I did look on that website and also phoned them...2009 is not available until the end of Jan 2010 and it would be $69 for the newspaper. The woman on the phone could not tell me if the Hartford Courant was even available. The site is located in the UK, so I think they probably have more English newspapers available than US ones. Thanks for looking..I appreciate it.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Oh poo! This is like a puzzle to solve, so I'm going to keep looking. I'll post here if I find anything worth exploring.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,858,326 times
Have you called the paper and asked them if they have back copies available? Sometimes papers do. Ooops, I see you did and they want $45. Wow!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Ooops, I see you did and they want $45. Wow!
PER PAGE! Can you believe that? She wants a whole newspaper to commemorate her child's birth and they want her to take out a second mortgage to pay for it. Ridiculous. We could chip in and buy a printing press for less than the whole paper would cost.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:46 PM

11,258 posts, read 18,781,454 times
Was her birth listed in the paper that day? If not, maybe ask about the NY Times instead. As a "national" newspaper with probably more demand for these sort of things I bet it will cost a lot less and at least isn't too far away from your region.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:02 PM

Just wanted to send out a quick note to let you know that I did track down a copy of the Courant in a local library. I was surprised that libraries even keep copies of newspapers for that long, but apparently some do. My local library in Ellington only keeps them for 6months, but another library nearby keeps them for a year!

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmancine View Post
just wanted to send out a quick note to let you know that i did track down a copy of the courant in a local library. I was surprised that libraries even keep copies of newspapers for that long, but apparently some do. My local library in ellington only keeps them for 6months, but another library nearby keeps them for a year!

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
yay!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut