Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM

113 posts, read 325,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Most people can not handle this kind of remodeling on their own so they use a contractor. They do not have the time and the expertise to do this kind of work. Typical kitchen remodels will go for $40 to $50,000. Baths go for $10 to $15,000, so I think the estimate of $75,000 is not that far off.

As for your comments on Bathfitters, I agree, they do look tacky. I know someone that used them for their two baths when they remodelled and while the rest of bath looked nice and upscale, the bathtubs looked cheap and tacky. I could not bear to tell them so I just smiled and said how great the new vanities looked. Jay

I have to add that just because you are a contractor does not make you qualified!!!! All you need is to send an application and a fee to the Secretary of the State and puff you are one. To work as an electrician or plumber all you have to do is work for a licensed one; I could work for one as a CPA. Carpenters do not need any qualifications.

I loved my wife's friend. Tile on sheet rock in the bathroom shower??? It fell apart in six months. Like contractor, cement board with a fiberglass sheeting over it layered with a thin layer of mortar to make it water proof. They paid 4K for this disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 PM

129 posts, read 413,016 times
Peggy Steiner at Sothebys International Realty. Tell her I sent 'ya.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,231 times
So, buy our house. its a 2150 sqft colonial that has been totally renovated and is ready to move in. no spackle required.

walk to town and a 2 minute drive to the beach.

203-980-3809
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut