Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM

83,514 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

FYI... I didnt go on roof or take care of the ice in gutters and now I have water leaking in my walls and on the inside of my window.

I take full blame... fun stuff.. going out now to chip or throw salt on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 PM

457 posts, read 904,915 times
This junky weather is really starting to get old. Seriously. The operation I run has barely enough time to get caught up from one storm when anther puts us behind again.

I am ready for it to get warm again.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
This junky weather is really starting to get old. Seriously.

I am ready for it to get warm again.
December, January, February: 3 Months of Cold, Snowy days

March, April, May: 3 Months: Spring temps, Showers

June, July, August, September: 4 Months: Hot: Sticky: Bugs: Thunderstorms:

September,October,November: 3 Months of Fall, cool, windy, showers.

Can I have my full 3 months at least?? Gees. Thats beauty of the NorthEast...something for everyone.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM

457 posts, read 904,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
December, January, February: 3 Months of Cold, Snowy days

March, April, May: 3 Months: Spring temps, Showers

June, July, August, September: 4 Months: Hot: Sticky: Bugs: Thunderstorms:

September,October,November: 3 Months of Fall, cool, windy, showers.

Can I have my full 3 months at least?? Gees. Thats beauty of the NorthEast...something for everyone.
Yeah, but the snow never has a chance to melt before another layer is deposited - by the time we get to March we'll all be living under a glacier.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,799,572 times
Temp is 16 here. It has been right there since midnight. It doesn't look the the warm up is happening as fast as predicted. We have a good 3 or 4 inches already.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:08 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
FYI... I didnt go on roof or take care of the ice in gutters and now I have water leaking in my walls and on the inside of my window.

I take full blame... fun stuff.. going out now to chip or throw salt on it.
Crap!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 AM

11,296 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
Yeah, but the snow never has a chance to melt before another layer is deposited - by the time we get to March we'll all be living under a glacier.
The rain vs. ice line is starting to enter the Sound right now from LI....I think at least the southernmost part of CT (like south of the Merritt/beginning of the Wilbur Cross and much of southeast CT) is eventually going to get plain rain for much of the day which will wash away at least some of the snow. Sorry for the rest of you......

Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 AM

Suprised this morning to see just an inch of snow and a trace of ice...Thats good about the ice part. And its always good when ice falls after snow.

The storm is moving 40mph so it should end much sooner then anticipated.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Well it is nice to be back in Connecticut…I had a chance to go to see family in Miami, so I couldn’t pass it up. You can’t beat Florida in winter, temps were perfect 77 – 78 F and plenty of sunshine. I keep hoping when I get back to the Tri-State area the crap weather will be over (lol).

As far as our current storm: Right now the warming seems to be doing quite nicely: At this hour the NWS reporting station at Salisbury, MD is reporting 51 F…at Atlantic City 48 F…and Pomona, NJ 46 F…so the warming is not far off from southern Connecticut. Right now New London is at 31 F…and my location along the Connecticut coast is at 31 F and rising 0.5 a degree every half hour. The NWS office just to our south (NWS Mount Holly) has dropped all winter weather advisories along the New Jersey coast – so this is a good sign. The strong south/southeast flow will continue to scour out the cold air along the East Coast/Atlantic lowlands as we move through the day. In fact, a bout of heavy rain (and just rain) will overspread most of Connecticut by late in the day, so this will really help to melt much of the snow cover. I love when rain and fog eats snow! It looks like only the far NW portion of CT will see a longer period of ice than the rest of the state.

Wed looks semi-mild too with highs in the lower 40’s.

62 days till winter ends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut