Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM

30 posts, read 35,662 times

Advertisements

Saturday's Event on the CT Shoreline:

The earlier it starts the better chances of expierencing a mix. In general though, it looks like mainly a rain event on I-95 corridor. Same rule applies to interior areas but they should start out colder, so that would mean precip would have to hold off til after 11am for it to be all rain. Wheather indeed it does or not would mean the difference b/w 0-6 inches of snow or just plain rain state wide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 AM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
The pattern has changed. Enjoy it...I hope I dont hear anymore complaints now. lol 52 weeks in a year and people complain about 4 weeks of cold and snow. Amazing. Meanwhile they had 12 weeks of above 85 temps...

Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,041 times
cambium....

I have to work in hartford on saturday. they tend to close when it snows it its any thing substantial. Would you say I should plan on a night off?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
cambium....

I have to work in hartford on saturday. they tend to close when it snows it its any thing substantial. Would you say I should plan on a night off?
Doubt it.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 AM

im just wondering if its rain or snow at this point? when is it suppose to start?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:51 AM

190 posts, read 471,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
cambium....

Looks like all AM and early PM the precip will be in NJ then work it's way into Hartford late Saturday affternoon/early evening. So if you say "night off" then yes you should.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,086,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I hope I dont hear anymore complaints now. lol 52 weeks in a year and people complain about 4 weeks of cold and snow. Amazing.
Statements like that are neither helpful nor true. People are not complaining about 4 weeks of normal cold and snow.

People are complaining about 4 weeks of significant driving danger, 4 weeks of having appointments or meetings canceled, 4 weeks of intermittent income losses, 4 weeks of roof shoveling or risk of collapsing, 4 weeks of hard labor or paying somebody to clear driveways, 12 weeks of worrying if the melt is going to flood the house, etc.

I've spent many hours doing shoveling and snow blowing instead of my real work. I'll be working long days for far more than 4 weeks to make up for the time I've lost.

I've already spent more than $1000 more than normal for this winter, and if my house floods it will be at least an order of magnitude more than that. Not to mention the productive hours that a flood will take away from me.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Statements like that are neither helpful nor true. People are not complaining about 4 weeks of normal cold and snow.

People are complaining about 4 weeks of significant driving danger, 4 weeks of having appointments or meetings canceled, 4 weeks of intermittent income losses, 4 weeks of roof shoveling or risk of collapsing, 4 weeks of hard labor or paying somebody to clear driveways, 12 weeks of worrying if the melt is going to flood the house, etc.

I've spent many hours doing shoveling and snow blowing instead of my real work. I'll be working long days for far more than 4 weeks to make up for the time I've lost.

I've already spent more than $1000 more than normal for this winter, and if my house floods it will be at least an order of magnitude more than that. Not to mention the productive hours that a flood will take away from me.
Welcome to winter. Some are severe. Some are not. There's nothing we can do about it.

Hope you enjoyed all the snow Cambrium!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,538 times
my concerns are about my home, this is not a "normal" winter. I live in a townhome in a complex with 32 units. Yesterday one the four carports collapsed, totalling 6 cars and a boat. We had building inspectors in our homes up in the attics and were told that our roofs and structures are sound but I've never seen this much ice and icicles before. Snow mounds on corners in some cases are 10 feet high, making turning hazardous. We've never had a basement flood with the spring thaw, hope this isn't the first. Everyone I talk to is complaining of leaks where they never had them before.

Interesting times, hope I can laugh at them in late march/early April when I'm eating a hot dog and drinking a cold one on my deck.

If these winters become the norm, we are out of here, but I still think this one is an anamoly.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM

remember all those warm days in March last spring and 80 degree october days?????

this is payback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut