Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM

55 posts, read 182,074 times

Advertisements

Wow, just reviewed my message and my description of a budding bush was edited out; I am referring to the bush that has little grey fuzzy buds that last for several weeks; they are even sold in stores to put in vases. Guess certain words are not allowed on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
March 07 Storm Update!

Litchfield, Tolland, Hartford, & Windham Counties NEED TO KEEP THEIR EYES OPEN!!

Models trending colder and stronger. There could be an ice storm Monday morning! & or Snow.

Its very close and like with all storms before April need to be watched carefully.

Blizzard warnings out for upstate NY and Vermont already.

March 11th - Rain
March 15th - Next potential Snow accumulations

Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 AM

Anyone travelling North or going Skiing? These numbers will be tweaked higher soon.. Should be near 15" for Vermont. Its their turn to be the jackpot zone.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,358,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada49 View Post
I live in East Haven, just one mile from Long Island Sound. For the past 2 weeks I have seen the first green shoots in gardens on the south sides of houses and two weekends ago I saw my first couple of robins. Today I saw a whole large flock of them and ***** willows beginning to come out. So after a long hard winter, things are looking up.
Here too: I about 1 mile from Long Island Sound in southeast Connecticut (Westbrook/Saybrook area).

One of the first sighs of the long warm season ahead I think is when you see the first shoots on the south side of buildings (homes, offices…etc). I have forsythia pressed up against the south side, and the buds are really swelling. With the showers and temps in the 45 – 50 F range this week, we should start to see a lot more things up against the south sides of buildings.

I guess the "green wave" is spooling up (lol).

Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Anyone travelling North or going Skiing? These numbers will be tweaked higher soon.. Should be near 15" for Vermont. Its their turn to be the jackpot zone.
DandJ will get a kick out of what Accu-Weather said about this storm; they noted that it would be Montreal's biggest snow of the year, saying the biggest one-day snow this year was about 7" and the biggest 2-day about 9".

Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
DandJ will get a kick out of what Accu-Weather said about this storm; they noted that it would be Montreal's biggest snow of the year, saying the biggest one-day snow this year was about 7" and the biggest 2-day about 9".
LOL good point... I think a crying face is in the works with her. LOL
And I think while we're getting rain on the 11th, Canada is in store for another blizzard.. What a Winter. La Nina kicking butt.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:01 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Quote:
And I think while we're getting rain on the 11th, Canada is in store for another blizzard.. What a Winter. La Nina kicking butt.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! It's crazy! My family is laughing -- literally LAUGHING -- at me for having to endure this crazy winter "in the south" while they're just floating along with a couple of snow showers here and there. They've been getting practically NO SNOW... compared to typical Montreal winters, I mean.

The good news: It's colder there. Good! Now I can laugh at them.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:42 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Agreed..winter won big time this year. All heat lovers were humbled...

Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
March 07 Storm Update!

Litchfield, Tolland, Hartford, & Windham Counties NEED TO KEEP THEIR EYES OPEN!!

Models trending colder and stronger. There could be an ice storm Monday morning! & or Snow.

Its very close and like with all storms before April need to be watched carefully.

Blizzard warnings out for upstate NY and Vermont already.

March 11th - Rain
March 15th - Next potential Snow accumulations
While I don't like ice, wouldn't mind some fresh snow...we should lose most of the old grimy stuff this week.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
And just like that...tweaked ... Why dont they just call me up and ask me what the amounts should be?? They had 7-10" meanwhile it was clear Vermont was going to see 15"... frustrating... Just like the Flood watches being posted for CT within 6 hours!! I been saying it for DAYS! Why NOAA decides to warn people within hours is beyond my imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut