U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 AM

6,628 posts, read 8,356,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
Thank god most of the snows are gone lol
Though not major there's talk of some snow actually tomorrow night then on Saturday. Then it's back to the 50s again.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,252,063 times
Yup I bet we get less snow tomorrow night then we got yesterday, Saturday I'm unsure about definitely not major though, then 50s again...crazy stuff.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,762,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Then it's back to 50s early next week......

It's seems clear that all of CT got measurable last night (not sure about the SE part of the state though since I saw some maps showing rain there when it was snowing elsewhere). Also saw dustings in southern Westchester though all the major tri-state area stations except Bridgeport claimed just a trace.
Here in southeastern Connecticut, we indeed did get a trace of snow Monday night/tue morning on grassy surfaces and the sides of the road. I saw some wet snow on the sides of I-95 east into New Haven as well. It melted pretty quick.

it still looks like we could see another light dusting on Thur night and again this weekend. Otherwise, the pattern still looks to turn quite warm next week (last week of Jan) and into early Feb. NWS/WC is showing highs near 50 F for NYC, 58 F for Washington Dc, and near 70 F for areas as far north as Virginia Beach by next Wed/Thur/Fri. So I doubt any snow will hang around after this week.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM

6,628 posts, read 8,356,662 times
Another "weather geek" friend of mine who's a bit more CT based than I passed this on, sad and still relatively young:

Dr. Mel passes away at 66 | Storm Team 8 | WTNH.com Connecticut

When I was a kid in Westchester I did used to play around with my TV to see what "distance" stations I could get so I did see him a couple of times....

Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Status: "Slice like a ninja, cut like a razor blade" (set 13 days ago)

1,202 posts, read 726,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Another "weather geek" friend of mine who's a bit more CT based than I passed this on, sad and still relatively young:

Dr. Mel passes away at 66 | Storm Team 8 | WTNH.com Connecticut

When I was a kid in Westchester I did used to play around with my TV to see what "distance" stations I could get so I did see him a couple of times....
So sad. I always enjoyed him. I can't believe he was only 66. I always thought he was much older.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM

26,285 posts, read 14,304,080 times
Nothing changed since my last post except the change to rain and the timing. Should stay all snow over the weekend and start earlier.

Friday January 20, 2012 - Generally 1-3" manageable snow. Starts Thursday after 7pm. Ends Friday before 7am.

THURSDAY NIGHT...THE QUICK MOVING UPPER LEVEL SHORT WAVE AND SURFACE
LOW PASS NORTH OF THE REGION. WITH 850 TEMPERATURES BELOW
-5 C...WILL CARRY ALL SNOW. QPF VALUES ARE NOT VERY HIGH WITH
LESS THAN A QUARTER OF AN INCH EXPECTED.

THE HIGHEST VALUES ARE EXPECTED TO BE ACROSS CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND.
WITH ALL SNOW EXPECTED...

Saturday January 21, 2012 - Bigger threat. Some spots up to half foot. (Im thinking north of 84) maybe mixing issues along the coast. Generally 3-6 inches for entire state.

From Euro model.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:29 PM

5,306 posts, read 3,979,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Nothing changed since my last post except the change to rain and the timing. Should stay all snow over the weekend and start earlier.

Friday January 20, 2012 - Generally 1-3" manageable snow. Starts Thursday after 7pm. Ends Friday before 7am.

THURSDAY NIGHT...THE QUICK MOVING UPPER LEVEL SHORT WAVE AND SURFACE
LOW PASS NORTH OF THE REGION. WITH 850 TEMPERATURES BELOW
-5 C...WILL CARRY ALL SNOW. QPF VALUES ARE NOT VERY HIGH WITH
LESS THAN A QUARTER OF AN INCH EXPECTED.

THE HIGHEST VALUES ARE EXPECTED TO BE ACROSS CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND.
WITH ALL SNOW EXPECTED...

Saturday January 21, 2012 - Bigger threat. Some spots up to half foot. (Im thinking north of 84) maybe mixing issues along the coast. Generally 3-6 inches for entire state.

From Euro model.

Nice..finally a little winter weather to read about.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM

26,285 posts, read 14,304,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Nice..finally a little winter weather to read about.
And keep in mind, A 50 mile shift south with Saturdays storm, NYC and coastal areas get half foot. 50 miles North and it rains mostly. lol

Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM

633 posts, read 576,221 times
Quote:
And keep in mind, A 50 mile shift south with Saturdays storm, NYC and coastal areas get half foot. 50 miles North and it rains mostly. lol
That is funny

Old 01-18-2012, 06:12 PM

5,306 posts, read 3,979,328 times
Quote:
No doubt. Its always a razors edge. I tell you we havent even had a sniff of winter weather down here in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut