Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 06:46 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Yes, it was strange how it varied from town to town. I think we got lucky, the way it first started out I was afraid it would be another unexpected snow storm like the last one. And now I'm seeing mid-50's for Wednesday with possible thunder? This March could be very interesting.
I saw that too…and Joe Lundberg commented about it in his blog.

It looks like it will get warmer on Fri (highs near 50 F), then a modest cool down for the weekend into early next week (highs in the lower 40’s in the Tri-State area). After that, it looks like a prolonged surge of the southerly flow out of the subtropics will really let loose. About a week from today (Thur March 8th), a surge of warmer temps will invade the Middle Atlantic and Tri-State area. The WC has highs of 55 to 65 F from NYC to Washington DC by next Thursday:

Then, by Monday, March 12th – the GFS has temps on much of the East Coast from 10 to 20 F above normal. Many of the cities like NYC, New Haven, Trenton…etc could crack 70 F by the 12th:

JL talks about it here:
AccuWeather.com - Joe Lundberg | Spring Is in the Air (http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/lundberg/spring-is-in-th/62216 - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
LOL, if today's snowfall is all we get for March I wouldn't brag about the accumulation. Did it even snow today? On the news they were showing ice in northern Ct. overnight. Yesterday was still February. Geez, the venom here from one or two snow lovers is pathetic. Is everyone here over the age of 13? I might look into that ignore feature myself. But then there would few polite posts for me to read...
Sorry you feel that way. When the warm weather fan stops throwing subtle digs at the cold weather fans then the cold weather fans will do the same. Until then GAME ON.

Edit: saw your post Jay...okay, for you I will stop

Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 AM

754 posts, read 1,017,845 times
cambium whats on deck?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
A decent snow from this in NH. About 8-9 inches and still falling. Hopefully this extreme blowtorch pattern for March will not come to fruition like the GFS is indicating.

Also, can anyone offer an explanation why temperatures have been so far above average for many months now with no signs of any average or below average temperatures on the horizon overall.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
cambium whats on deck?
Spring. .. lol

No big storms on horizon. Could October stand as the highest monthly snow total this winter?

Rain and warm Saturday.
Cold and flurries Sunday Clipper stays "south" of us w/snow showers to mid atlantic.
Cold Beginning of week
60s next Weekend

Here's temps from both sides of extreme. Its the lowest and highest based on the last Euro.

Wednesday Left. Next Saturday Right.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
A decent snow from this in NH. About 8-9 inches and still falling. Hopefully this extreme blowtorch pattern for March will not come to fruition like the GFS is indicating.

Also, can anyone offer an explanation why temperatures have been so far above average for many months now with no signs of any average or below average temperatures on the horizon overall.
lol.. I have no clue and baffled myself given the extent of it. Polar Vortext still in "northern" Canada, Ridge wants to build this way. Mostly a fast progressive pattern from Pacific just driving the fronts in and out with nothing to stall them.

Enjoy your snow. I was in Shelton at 11am (20 min from coast) and remenece of snow still around even after all the rain.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post

Global warming?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Global warming?
According to the Climate Prediction Center, 2011 was in the top 5 for warmest average temperatures globally since records have been kept so I am not surprised.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
lol.. I have no clue and baffled myself given the extent of it. Polar Vortext still in "northern" Canada, Ridge wants to build this way. Mostly a fast progressive pattern from Pacific just driving the fronts in and out with nothing to stall them.

Enjoy your snow. I was in Shelton at 11am (20 min from coast) and remenece of snow still around even after all the rain.
Just measured outside and I have 10.5 inches. Perhaps that will cut down slightly on the blowtorch next week Oh well, I have to enjoy this snow while I can

Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
I don’t know about blow torch …but the pattern seems primed for a spring surge of warmth according to Joe Lundberg. Most places south of the Upper Midwest, Great Lakes, and upper New England... should get pretty warm by next Thur according to Joe: Sat should have highs in the 50’s in the Tri-State area….then a cooler turn early next week (Mon – Wed)….followed by another warm surge by Thur with temps forecasted to close in on 60 F in NYC. Based on the GFS...it wouldn't surprise me if NYC hit 60 - 62 F and Washington DC cracked 70 F by next Thursday:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut