U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM

5,233 posts, read 3,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
To quote from the NWS..."WITH THIS RUN OF THE MODELS THE
GFS HAS A COLDER...STRONGER STORM MOVING RIGHT OVER THE BENCHMARK MONDAY MORNING WHILE THE ECMWF HAS AN INSIDE RUNNER MOVING UP MORE DIRECTLY OVER SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND. AGAIN...THIS IS A VERY LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST."

I smell Bust #2!

Would not surprise me in the least. But its not a bust!!. A bust is a FORECAST ..this is just a conversation about a potential. Thats why I am a big believer in not "trumping a storms horn" if you will until its close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 11:28 AM

1,017 posts, read 980,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Would not surprise me in the least. But its not a bust!!. A bust is a FORECAST ..this is just a conversation about a potential. Thats why I am a big believer in not "trumping a storms horn" if you will until its close.
...and not even then sometimes. Remember the Feb 10 storm? Winter Storm Warnings issued for 8-14" of snow...schools closed in anticipation of something which never materialized.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:00 PM

5,233 posts, read 3,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
...and not even then sometimes. Remember the Feb 10 storm? Winter Storm Warnings issued for 8-14" of snow...schools closed in anticipation of something which never materialized.
See that to me IS a bust..once a forecast is made..

Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 PM

24,608 posts, read 13,077,971 times
New NAM model has the snow areas for Thursday in Baltimore and Washington now.

Uh Oh, wavehunter will have to spill his excuses for a snowstorm south of CT coast in December.....when waters are warm...

Old 12-13-2010, 05:17 PM

Snow in Kentucky..Snow in northern Georgia...Florida 25 degrees...amazing...and some people make you believe it never snows down south...record breaking temps Atlanta 16 degrees. Miami 35 degrees... This is amazing..

Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Snow in Kentucky..Snow in northern Georgia...Florida 25 degrees...amazing...and some people make you believe it never snows down south...record breaking temps Atlanta 16 degrees. Miami 35 degrees... This is amazing..

Old 12-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Light Snow in Wilton right now..Accumulating on Decks, Grass and walkway partially on cars and secondary roads. Must be because of the nice warm waters. lol

If you look at the radar the moisture seems to be consistant over us and stationary. Dont expect more than 2 inches tho

Old 12-13-2010, 08:33 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,546,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Light Snow in Wilton right now..Accumulating on Decks, Grass and walkway partially on cars and secondary roads. Must be because of the nice warm waters. lol

If you look at the radar the moisture seems to be consistant over us and stationary. Dont expect more than 2 inches tho
You’re starting to sound like the typical bitter East Coast winter fan (lol): Blizzards rage in the Midwest, snow 30 feet deep in the Intermountain West, even snow in the highlands of the middle South later this week…but just another wimpy East Coast winter for us.

Don’t get mad at me if it is not snowing in the Tri-State area. I just offer an un-hyped perspective on what the weather will be. As I have said many times, on the East Coast it can be fleeting to get the cold to hold AND get the moisture at the same time. This past storm was a good example, too warm on the East Coast for snow, then when the cold gets here for a few days (Tue, Wed this week), the moisture is gone. It is often a fleeting synoptic situation to get the cold and the moisture together it seems from Connecticut southward. Sorry, but those are the climatic facts - even if it's not what you want to hear

What is ahead

A weak system will move towards the Midwest in the coming days, then skirt through the Appalachians Wednesday night into Thursday, some light snow will fall in highlands of Virginia to northern North Carolina as the system moves out to sea around VA Beach on Friday morning. Another low/storm will move into Texas into Oklahoma and southern Kansas this weekend. This low will shot off the East Coast near Virginia on Sunday/Monday. So after this brief cold shot, the weather looks to be seasonally cold in the Northeast and rather dry right toward Christmas Day. As of right now, there looks to be a HUGE warming pattern in early January.

As for snow …An old fasioned "green Christmas" seems about 80% on tap for us...as it looks bleak to me in the Tri-State area right through Christmas for any real snow (sorry).

PS: Try sitting in the yard and yelling over and over again...snow, snow, snow, snow...maybe that will trump climate data (lol).

Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 PM

SNOW! Snowing hard now...but on and off....coating on all surfaces. Was just on the roads not too bad..had to test my snow tires...lol... Sometimes its nice to have those warm waters to keep feeding the atmosphere with moisture.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,546,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
SNOW! Snowing hard now...but on and off....coating on all surfaces. Was just on the roads not too bad..had to test my snow tires...lol... Sometimes its nice to have those warm waters to keep feeding the atmosphere with moisture.
What, a whole half inch…look out Minneapolis, your 30 inches has nothing on us (lol).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut