Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM

34 posts, read 380,393 times

Advertisements

We are trying to plan (from a distance) a family birthday lunch at a restaurant. There will be about 20-25 people attending and we are looking for places that take large parties, or have special luncheon banquet or buffet menus that are reasonably priced (under $15/16/person.)

Does anyone have suggestions? We're looking into Adams Mill but the banquet menu for the right price range isn't exactly what we're looking for. Wood n Tap in Vernon is a strong possibility menu-wise but I don't know anyone who has been there- is it good food?

My sisters and I have moved out of the area and are unfamiliar with what is around now aside from the big chain restaurants. The birthday girl's favorite restaurant is the Outback but I don't think they do large parties and it would be quite noisy. People will be coming mostly from MA... my parents are the ones who live in the area, but it's a surprise party for my mother, and my father isn't quite up to date on restaurants for this type of event.

Any recommendations would be helpful! Manchester, Vernon, & Enfield are the more obvious areas I could think of, but the birthday girl lives in Ellington, so anywhere close by is good. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 05:30 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKel View Post
We are trying to plan (from a distance) a family birthday lunch at a restaurant. There will be about 20-25 people attending and we are looking for places that take large parties, or have special luncheon banquet or buffet menus that are reasonably priced (under $15/16/person.)

Does anyone have suggestions? We're looking into Adams Mill but the banquet menu for the right price range isn't exactly what we're looking for. Wood n Tap in Vernon is a strong possibility menu-wise but I don't know anyone who has been there- is it good food?

My sisters and I have moved out of the area and are unfamiliar with what is around now aside from the big chain restaurants. The birthday girl's favorite restaurant is the Outback but I don't think they do large parties and it would be quite noisy. People will be coming mostly from MA... my parents are the ones who live in the area, but it's a surprise party for my mother, and my father isn't quite up to date on restaurants for this type of event.

Any recommendations would be helpful! Manchester, Vernon, & Enfield are the more obvious areas I could think of, but the birthday girl lives in Ellington, so anywhere close by is good. Thank you!
I think Wood n Tap's food is good -- and there's quite a variety.

The fact that the birthday girl likes meat made me think of another place for you, though:

Ted's Montana Grill.

There's a location in Evergreen Walk in Manchester.

I looooove the place -- the bison burgers are to die for -- and there's quite a varied menu there too, although not as varied as Wood n Tap.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
We threw a bachelor party at Shaes I think its spelled which is in vernon right near the video game place/par 3. We rented out half of the bar which they taped off for us as well as made us a ton of appetizers and such. The only thing is the food wasnt so great. Wood N tap is another good choice.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM

20 posts, read 40,127 times
Outback Steakhouse: I know that my wife has been to a Bridal Shower at one, so I know that some do host large parties. I'm not sure if the Manchester one does.

Ted's Montana Grill (per a previous poster) in South Windsor (Evergreen Walk): Their food IS delicious, but they don't have a separate party room, and I'm not sure that there would be a way to sit everyone together.

Wood N' Tap: I've heard that their food is good, but I've never been there. The restaurant that was in their location before they moved in closed down, so you may want to make sure Wood N' Tap is doing good business (which I'm pretty sure they are!) in that location! )

Mill on the River (South Windsor): Great restaurant, very beautiful, banquet info: (The Mill on the River Restaurant - Banquets). Great atmosphere and food. I think their banquet prices (for lunch) are $18-$20 per person (which I know is above your budget), but we've always had great food there. I'm sure they book up in advance, so make sure to check their availability!

Adam's Mill: In case you reconsider, their food is very good!

Manchester also has all the typical "chain" restaurants: Applebee's, Fridays, Chilis, Friendly's, Unos, Bertuccis, Outback, etc.

Hope this helps a little! If you name a restaurant in the South Windsor/Manchester area, there's a good chance we've been there...

Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
OOh mill on the river is a good spot by the way. Yeah its high priced but its fancy schmancy and really on a river

Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,028 times
In Enfield try Figaros' it's a family favorite. Great italian food and a nice environment. It's right near the outback.
Here is the website. Figaro Restaurant - Enfield, CT serving Springfield & Hartford

Old 02-20-2010, 06:36 PM

34 posts, read 380,393 times
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I had forgotten that I'd posted this question! We did discuss Ted's, but in the end went with something simpler, easier, and cheap. We decided that any of the chains would be too noisy... the group decided that a private room was important. So we're sticking close to home and going with Pastori's in Ellington.

I am now intrigued by Wood n Tap and want to try it soon! Ctguy13- I do remember it being other restaurants before. I'm pretty sure it was something else more recently, but I mostly remember a Damon's being there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut