Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 08:41 PM

4 posts, read 14,575 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Groton, CT this Fall and would like to ask for information in regard to Townhouses/Condos/Apartments in Groton since I am not familiar with the area. Which are the best built, safest, best maintained, what is the market like for Townhouses/Condos? Are there any that I should stay away from? Is there a reason to be concerned about crime rates? Are there any with management concerns? Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 24,896 times
Are you looking to buy or rent? Are you firm on living in Groton or would you consider surrounding areas? Are you looking for a complex geared to a younger crowd, or more sedate?

Groton doesn't have a big crime problem. A few scattered neighborhoods may have more than others. I have lived in this area since 1971! I really like it here...close enough to get to the big cities with all they have to offer but still lots of trees and open spaces and small town events. It is a Navy town so there are lots of transplants from other areas which is great! The only time it isn't as good is in winter! Not everyone here grew up knowing how to drive in the snow if you know what I mean!! (Fortunately we have had less snow in past few years!)

Old 06-17-2007, 03:13 AM

4 posts, read 14,575 times
Renting is my first choice but I am keeping my options open. I'm interested in a complex that is more sedate since I am over 55 and also would like to stay in the Groton area. There doesn't seem to be that many modern apartments in the Groton area other than The Ledges and one other and both are pretty expensive so I may have to start looking at surrounding areas as well. I may also have to consider renting a house. Safety is a major factor. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 24,896 times
I talked to a friend who lives in an apartment in Groton and he gave me the following info (Which meshed with my assessment as well.)

"The place we live is called Brandegee apartments, but I would not recommend them. Mostly because the buildings are on a main road, and there's a lot of noise.

Places to avoid:
Branford Manor
Groton Estates (Right next door to Branford manor)

Places I've heard might be OK:
La Triumphe
Pheonix Apartments
Country Glen
The Ledges

If you find one that looks good, check back and I can tell you about the area!

Groton Apartments for Rent with Ratings & Reviews by Groton Renters at ApartmentRatings.com
This gives some ratings of several of the places above... But since everyone is different, one woman's purse is another woman's sow's ear.
Hope this helps!
Good luck!
S.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 AM

999 posts, read 4,651,484 times
I lived for a short time in both La Triumphe and Country Glen, both very nice. (Country Glen was the one, I think, that had the pool with retractable roof and the racketball court....) (let me qualify this by saying I lived in them in 1990-1991) Don't know about the others.
Good luck

Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,465 times
Default Condo Less Than A Mile From Eb & Pfizer

1 Br 1 Bath Condo Less Than A Mile From Eb & Pfizer Will Be Going Up For Rent In 6 Days. Contact Northeast Property Group At 860-437-7007. Izabella.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 PM

7 posts, read 21,774 times
I looked at senior housing this week on Drodzik Drive just off Route 1, and also drove through a beautiful huge apartment complex for all ages on the street. I f you drive down that street you can't miss it.Not sure of the name but I think there is only one regular complex and two for seniors on that street. Great location. I would have put my mom there but a liitle to far from where I live in Chaplin . Lots of shopping and several small parks and fishing areas close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut