U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,191 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking do all windows in our home in Fairfield. Can anyone please recommend some good window replacement company/contractors to go with it?

Thanks
Pam.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 AM

56 posts, read 123,283 times
We've used Windowland in Newtown and were very happy with the results.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 AM

588 posts, read 1,626,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
Hi,

We are looking do all windows in our home in Fairfield. Can anyone please recommend some good window replacement company/contractors to go with it?

Thanks
Pam.
Sending you a DM with the name of the contractor we used. His team did a great job, replaced all 28 windows in less than half a day with no damage to existing moldings, was a lot lower priced than the 3 other groups we looked at, and they even used a local CT window manufacturer. The windows are certified as being energy efficient under the $1500 tax rebate, which helps offset some of the cost.

Word of warning - be very careful with a lot of those companies you see in the valpak's. They are high pressure and feel like scams to me. Initial quote was $23k, I got him down to about $17k in under 5 minutes of being unhappy with the price... his "district manager" called an hour after the guy left with a further $4k drop. Still way overpriced...and ridiculous that they would drop the price 50% without much haggling. I feel bad for anyone that gets suckered by them.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,411,447 times
I have Castle Windows. They any good?

Old 04-19-2010, 04:43 PM

64,982 posts, read 47,303,288 times
Yes be careful of those scammer high pressure salesman who waste 2 hours of your time and expect you to sit down with them for another hour to make you feel like you have to sign right there. Then when you say no they call their manager right there and then to lower their rediculas price $1.00.

My contractor changed 22 windows. I bought the windows at WindowRama in Stamford and the contractor charged about $150 per window. It was all replacement windows. Very happy with the work. House is nice and warm in winter. He can give you a "free" quote if you want. PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut