Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,297 times

Advertisements

I was told the A/C gets turned on in the spring and heat in the fall..is there a specific date these are turned on or does it depend on the weather each year? Does it ever get too hot before the A/C is actually turned on in the building? Also, I looked at a place in Bushnell on the Park in which the thermostat was not a dial with numbers but had notches for "hotter" and "cooler"...is it possible to really cool the apartment off in the summer with this type of thermostat..basically I'm asking how well the A/C works..I have read some reviews about Park Place Towers, where people complained that the A/C never really works very well so just wanted to check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,280 times
I live here and the A/C depends on the weather each year. This year was a little late because there were some cool days in the spring, and the way they explained it was the A/C unit has to stay on once it's on, so they didn't want to turn it on until it got hot. That meant a few sort of hot days. That said, the heat and A/C knobs never bothered me and I have plenty of each when I need them.

I would say the maintenance in this building is poor right now, perhaps because of financial problems of Bushnell Regency. Here is a review I wrote on another site:

Most of the units are owned by Bushnell Regency, which filed for bankruptcy and owed the condo association hundreds of thousands as of March 2010. The rest of the units are owned individually. The money problem is becoming apparent in maintenance. Garage leaks and there is a pungent mold/mildew smell when it's wet outside. The elevators constantly are out of order, causing long waits and very crowded elevators. They continually work on them, but they're still always breaking down. The exercise room is falling apart - one machine out for a month now, with "out of order" sign, and another treadmill just went out. Neighbors get frustrated when they walk in and see you on a machine (can't blame them) especially after work. They did not switch to digital cable in the exercise room when Comcast switched over, so there are limited channels now. Communication is so-so. Management and maintenance are very friendly, but I wonder if the money situation is holding them back from fixing basic problems. On the plus side, heat and hot water are included, and the place is very cool in summer and warm in winter. Parking in a garage is great, aside from flooding and mildew. They say they only allow small dogs, but there are big dogs in the building, so it may not be an issue if you have a big dog.

Bottom line, if you want a central location and nice apartment, look for one of the newer buildings in the city.

More information:
Bushnell on the Park Condominium Association placed in receivership | Hartford Business

Make It Stop. Bushnell On the Park Keeps on Twisting. - Hartford Advocate

Last edited by patel2010; 07-08-2010 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: Links didn't work

Old 07-08-2010, 01:38 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,752,273 times
Fixed links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: