U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM

8,155 posts, read 18,219,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
They share a screen name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 07:57 PM

834 posts, read 1,944,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoehoard View Post
How 'bout those Rays?
Are the Rays still going to move? I read once they were talking about coming to Hartford. My father in law will cry like a baby if they leave.

Fbam I did not mean to insult your husband. I was joking. Half of my relatives live in Florida and all of my inlaws are Florida natives. If you didn't like the weather there, you'll be just fine here.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 PM

15,754 posts, read 22,035,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
They share a screen name.
I knew what the poster meant. Just makes me suspicious. We seem to have an abundance of trolls running about.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 PM

207 posts, read 383,656 times
Quote:
I knew what the poster meant. Just makes me suspicious. We seem to have an abundance of trolls running about.
What is a troll? We both use the same screen name because we started this as we were moving to CT. This is the first forum we ever joined and honestly didn't expect to still be on here but we like it.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 8,542 times
Default Give it time

A couple things going on here...

1. You are grieving. It's only been 4 months. You've left a familiar place, friends, family, places you know, etc.
2. It was your husband's idea so you may feel slightly resentful even if you don't want to.
3. You are in a temp job that you don't feel great about.
4. You don't have a social network, which can feel lonely and isolating
5. You're recently married- a big adjustment alone.

My advice is not so much to worry about Enfield, or where in CT you are living but to give yourself some time to grieve. It usually takes about 3-5 years for someone to really start to feel comfortable in the place they live, meet people and feel acclimated. Try and do something nice for yourself every day even if it's go for a walk, write in a journal, get your nails done. Feel happy for your husband but ask for his support through this rough patch. Pretty soon, you'll start to feel better and know the right thing to do. Follow your bliss... hopefully that bliss can be the same for you and your husband. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,219,554 times
Quote:
I should have stated further that I have talked to fbam privately and they are indeed a family sharing the screenname. We might be meeting up at Church sometime soon. Nothing "tricky" here.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM

15,754 posts, read 22,035,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I should have stated further that I have talked to fbam privately and they are indeed a family sharing the screenname. We might be meeting up at Church sometime soon. Nothing "tricky" here.
Good to know.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:18 PM

56 posts, read 118,933 times
KGgal:

1-I know, I have to give myself sometimes. I'll see where I stand in a year...
2- I do sometimes..
3- YES!
4-It does!
5- Indeed. We are close to hit our one year mark and still learning about each other.

Thank you for the great advices!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:56 AM

2,394 posts, read 3,341,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbam View Post
Maybe I am being defensive ...
Yeah, I think so.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,566 times
I have lived in FLorida for nearly 20 years. My husband, aConnecticut bnative, recently moved back to for a job, after being unemployed here for nearly 2 years. I willl be joining him this summer, unless I freak out and refuse to go, which I have considered. I am trying to remain positive about the move; my husband and 14 year old daughter are all-in. My sisters and parents live here, and I will have a hard time leaving them. I have had the same job for 14 years, and will have to leave that . I have zero job prospects in Connecticut. I cry all the time about leaving, but have no other options.
THis message board had been encouraging in many ways. Thanks for every post, good and bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or