U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM

3,384 posts, read 3,981,905 times

Advertisements

Bottom line is that some folks are not happy unless they are finding misery. I have found that the people I have worked with in CT are among the friendliest and I still maintain contact with so many of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM

2,102 posts, read 6,808,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
However, I have noticed that on the few occassions when I have held a door open for someone and did not receive a "thank you," those people walked back to cars with New York license plates.
They were probably Connecticut residents with vehicles registered in New York.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 AM

207 posts, read 383,047 times
granted we have only been here for a couple of months but we still love it. The people are very nice here (occasional jerk...especially while driving) not only do I get a thank you for holding the door but I have people hold the door for me too........ People are A LOT nicer here than in Tampa Bay

Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM

8,155 posts, read 18,202,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbam View Post
granted we have only been here for a couple of months but we still love it. The people are very nice here (occasional jerk...especially while driving) not only do I get a thank you for holding the door but I have people hold the door for me too........ People are A LOT nicer here than in Tampa Bay
I agree (Especially the driving thing.)...but then again there was that "mean lady" at City Fish who just about offered to baby sit for you while we ate. lol

Old 06-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I agree (Especially the driving thing.)...but then again there was that "mean lady" at City Fish who just about offered to baby sit for you while we ate. lol
LMAO if it had been today I might have taken her up on it . J/K......still though even with how bad some of the drivers here are it is nothing compared to the crazies driving in FL

Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 AM

3,384 posts, read 3,981,905 times
Quote:
LMAO if it had been today I might have taken her up on it . J/K......still though even with how bad some of the drivers here are it is nothing compared to the crazies driving in FL
Or NC!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 AM

1,335 posts, read 2,833,661 times
There's some rather insane driving everywhere, I think.

A few days ago I got passed on Route 44 - in a construction zone. Since there's bridge work on one spot in Pomfret, the road is reduced to one lane. The signs say alternate three cars at a time. I was the fourth car in line, so I stopped to let three cars the other way go through. Not good enough for the person in the black sports car behind me, who pulls out and goes through as the fourth car. And after this, the person tended to swerve all over the lane and go anywhere between 40 and 70 mph. (Speed limit on 44 and 74 = 45 mph.) I was stuck behind this for 15 miles.

I usually do about 55-60 through the stretch, but at least be consistent about it. This person, not so much. Perhaps driving distracted or antagonistically.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'm telling you, it's the heat. I went off on someone today, and then realized, I was dehydrated, sick of being soaked in sweat, salt incrusted FROM my own sweat, and just damned miserable.

Thanks for bringing the Florida weather up with you. LOL

Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I'm telling you, it's the heat. I went off on someone today, and then realized, I was dehydrated, sick of being soaked in sweat, salt incrusted FROM my own sweat, and just damned miserable.

Thanks for bringing the Florida weather up with you. LOL
No problem at all...You guys are lucky I didn't bring palmetto bugs .

Old 06-05-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
No problem at all...You guys are lucky I didn't bring palmetto bugs .
Or: Fire ants, sand spurs, scorpions, red/brown/black widows, chiggers, gators, centipedes, rattlesnakes, corral snakes, wild boar and the rest of the fun critters that bite, sting, eat, poisen you or just hurt like hell. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or