U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,205,425 times

Advertisements

Thoughts? Safe/unsafe? I have heard mixed reviews from family and friends.

I think I gave the right name - it's on Tudor Lane.

I had considered it before just to get out of where I am, and would love to put some thought back into it, since moving out of state is not an option yet.

If it's not safe, can you recommend any affordable ($800-ish max, preferably incl. come utilities) safe areas for renting in Manchester, or around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,243,219 times
*I* don't think they are that bad at all...right in the middle. Some people think it's ghetto because they see people of color, others think it's paradise compared to Hartford or Meriden.

They remind me of the complex in Meriden up on N Broad street kind of across from Washington middle school only the neighborhood is about 1000% better.

There are other options around town as well, but that section of town is nice and easy to get around from.

Have you considered the "mills"? You can get large studio or 1 bed for about the same price and they are much nicer IMHO.

Lofts at the Mills - Online Leasing Center

(Click on availability for pricing.)

There are two others as well in the same block.
http://www.rent.com/rentals/connecti...t-mill/475897/

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Thanks JV - I knew you'd be able to help.

So coming from Meriden, I might think it's paradise, huh? LOL. I have no problem with people of color/race.

I know exactly which area you are talking about here in Meriden. I live not too far away.

I will check those links out. I know I'll be here in CT at least another year, so I'm thinking why not be somewhere I can enjoy.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,646,245 times
I have a friend that lived there. She never complained about crime. She had a 2 bedroom and in my opinion her apartment was very small.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Thanks JV - I knew you'd be able to help.

So coming from Meriden, I might think it's paradise, huh? LOL. I have no problem with people of color/race.

I know exactly which area you are talking about here in Meriden. I live not too far away.

I will check those links out. I know I'll be here in CT at least another year, so I'm thinking why not be somewhere I can enjoy.
NP, DM or post anything anytime. FYI I made the same move from off N Colony St (Woodland Ridge condos) to here and it was like a breath of fresh air.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM

Are those the same ones you were talking about above? The ones I know are called Blackstone Village. It might have changed since you were there, maybe, or maybe there are more than one complex in there.

I actually used to live right off Broad in a worse area, but was lucky to get this (well after being married, living elsewhere and getting put through pure heck) when my friend moved out.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
I have a friend that lived there. She never complained about crime. She had a 2 bedroom and in my opinion her apartment was very small.

My cousin lived there when we were kids (more than 20 years ago). It was a townhouse type and seemed nice. Course I was a kid and thought it was huge, LOL.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Are those the same ones you were talking about above? The ones I know are called Blackstone Village. It might have changed since you were there, maybe, or maybe there are more than one complex in there.
Nope, not the same ones. There is a small complex tucked back in behind the industrial park on the left just before getting on the turnpike. (Golden Street I think) The street is actually Woodland Ridge. It was a quiet little neighborhood kind of hidden. The problem was when you stepped outside of it, you had to deal with...well, you know what you live around.

P.S. I don't miss Ted's one bit either. lol

Old 04-22-2010, 08:34 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,646,245 times
Quote:
My cousin lived there when we were kids (more than 20 years ago). It was a townhouse type and seemed nice. Course I was a kid and thought it was huge, LOL.
There are townhouses and flats. She lived in the flat, although I imagine the townhouses are much larger.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,562,010 times
Never heard of the oaks but i would check out the mills which JV posted about.

another option is the pavilions near the mall although traffic can be pretty bad during rush our and during xmas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut