U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 AM

15,743 posts, read 22,011,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple24 View Post
Renovating - I'm from the IT industry and sometimes the company sends us to clients to work on job assignments
This is why I was in southern California last year. Hope you enjoy your time in CT!

Ansonia is OK to rent - very affordable and not a bad commute to Stratford. I wouldn't live there for good though until they do something about their downtown. Some areas are rundown and the area (mostly Ansonia, Derby and neighboring downtown Shelton) has been blue collar for quite some time - not a bad thing because CT in general lacks this. But because it is the first very affordable suburban area up the line from Stamford and New York, it has recently become popular with more middle and upper middle class folks. Lots of young, first time home buyers on the Hilltop (a nice suburban area of mostly well-kept ranch homes).

Last edited by kidyankee764; 04-24-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 05:11 PM

24,612 posts, read 40,176,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I only see 2 routes that would work, and the runs are infrequent. Bus 19 comes out of the main terminal in Bridgeport, bus 14 comes from the mall, which is located on the Trumbull/Bridgeport line. If it were me in your position, i would be looking for something "behind" the mall, on Madison Ave. in Bridgeport. However, i'm not sure that bus 14 is going to work for you. The first run arrives on Monroe Tpke. at 8:35, the last run departs at 5:00.

Route 14 Timetable
Route 19X Timetable
There are a few more than two. I am not sure where in Trumbull you are going to be working. There are so many places that are kind of spread out. If you are going to the Monroe Turnpike area, than the routes above are good and then I would recommend looking for an apartment in the North End of Bridgeport. There are many apartments and condos near Main Street or Madison Avenue which directly connect to to that part of Trumbull. Generally try to stay north of Route 1 when looking for a place.

If you are working in the Trumbull Corporate Park area, you would need to get a bus to the Hawley Lane Mall and then switch to the Corporate Park Connector. You would have to look closely at the route to see if you can find a rental along either of them. Jay

Old 04-24-2010, 05:41 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,255,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
There are a few more than two. I am not sure where in Trumbull you are going to be working. There are so many places that are kind of spread out. If you are going to the Monroe Turnpike area, than the routes above are good and then I would recommend looking for an apartment in the North End of Bridgeport. There are many apartments and condos near Main Street or Madison Avenue which directly connect to to that part of Trumbull. Generally try to stay north of Route 1 when looking for a place.

If you are working in the Trumbull Corporate Park area, you would need to get a bus to the Hawley Lane Mall and then switch to the Corporate Park Connector. You would have to look closely at the route to see if you can find a rental along either of them. Jay
No. Trumbull Corporate Park is off of Rt.8, near the Shelton/Stratford lines. The OP will be working on Monroe Tpke., which is on the other side of Trumbull off of Rt.25.

Last edited by Stratford, Ct. Resident; 04-24-2010 at 06:50 PM..

Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 PM

2,081 posts, read 4,124,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple24 View Post
Renovating - I'm from the IT industry and sometimes the company sends us to clients to work on job assignments
Oh! Your company doesn't provide housing or hotel living while you are on this assignment?

I have a good friend who is a computer consultant for a computer company and does the same traveling to different jobs. However, she is provided housing and a car. She loves the job because of all the places she has gone!

What do you do with all your "stuff" ? Do you have to move all of it here for a few months? And then what happens when the assignment is over? How do you rent an apartment for only a few months?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 14,811 times
The company's office location would be along Monroe Tpke and they said there's a bus that goes along that road. I just need to find out a place along the route as well

The company will only provide car & housing if the assignment is less than 6 months. In this case, the assignment would be at least 6 months, so a different arrangement takes place for this scenario

Old 04-25-2010, 03:19 PM

I missed it when you said Monroe Turnpike. Then you should probably look along Main Street for a place. Does your company offer a service to help you look for temporary housing? Many do. Jay

Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM

6 posts, read 14,811 times
Yup, they gave some options, but they're quite expensive.

I'm checking an apartment along Main Street, Bridgeport. Does this go right along the bus route all the way to Monroe Turnpike?

Old 04-29-2010, 08:37 PM

It looks like to me that you would catch the Route 8 bus that goes up Main Street to the Westfield Mall and then switch to either the Route 14 or 19x bus. I would look closely at the times offered just to be sure the buses run when you need them. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or