U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
2,727 posts, read 5,185,025 times
Reputation: 1962

Advertisements

I know a place like Mystic Aquarium/Seaport would probably have them, but I have no plans go there til this summer.

Where can I find one? We don't have any true card stores around here anymore, as I know I could've probably found on there - just CVS/dollar stores.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
 
Location: The brown house on the cul de sac
2,081 posts, read 4,120,151 times
Reputation: 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I know a place like Mystic Aquarium/Seaport would probably have them, but I have no plans go there til this summer.

Where can I find one? We don't have any true card stores around here anymore, as I know I could've probably found on there - just CVS/dollar stores.
I don't know where you live...but Walgreens and Walmart have postcards of CT!

Have you googled "CT postcards"? I am sure you can find them online!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
2,727 posts, read 5,185,025 times
Reputation: 1962
Where are they - in the card sections, by the registers?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM
 
Location: The brown house on the cul de sac
2,081 posts, read 4,120,151 times
Reputation: 9305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Where are they - in the card sections, by the registers?

Yikes, I am trying to remember??? At Walgreens they may be near the photo department??? I am not sure..I would call the store closest to you and ask them before you go and Walmart had them near their craft department I think?? Some help I am.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM
 
8,780 posts, read 16,240,408 times
Reputation: 5219
Better hotels sell them, in addition to pharmacies.
I think i've seen them in the Hallmark store also.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
2,727 posts, read 5,185,025 times
Reputation: 1962
Hmmmm, maybe tomorrow when I go get gas I'll swing by Walgreens. I'll try Hallmark too, if I ever feel like venturing to the mall again. LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,534 posts, read 2,690,962 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I know a place like Mystic Aquarium/Seaport would probably have them, but I have no plans go there til this summer.

Where can I find one? We don't have any true card stores around here anymore, as I know I could've probably found on there - just CVS/dollar stores.

I was looking for CT postcards myself a couple weeks ago. I found them at a small crafts+gift store in Glastonbury. Can't remember the name of the store, but it's located on the corner of Main St & Hebron Ave. It's an old looking white building with a yellow front door I think. The entrance is in the back.

They have postcards of Glastonbury + generic New England postcards.

Another thought would be the rest stop on I-91 north in the Berlin/Cromwell area. Mite be worth stopping if your in the area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque
1,615 posts, read 2,410,698 times
Reputation: 1006
The only place I've found them was at Hallmark stores in the malls, NEVER in pharmacies.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Middlesex
1,292 posts, read 2,080,558 times
Reputation: 1337
you can try these sites..

Cardcow

Legends
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,566 posts, read 40,120,453 times
Reputation: 6942
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I was looking for CT postcards myself a couple weeks ago. I found them at a small crafts+gift store in Glastonbury. Can't remember the name of the store, but it's located on the corner of Main St & Hebron Ave. It's an old looking white building with a yellow front door I think. The entrance is in the back.

They have postcards of Glastonbury + generic New England postcards.

Another thought would be the rest stop on I-91 north in the Berlin/Cromwell area. Mite be worth stopping if your in the area.
The store is EMy Lou's. It has been in town for years now and is pretty charming. Jay
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top