U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 PM

24,570 posts, read 40,120,453 times

Advertisements

Definitely go for a two bedroom if you can afford it. It has broader appeal than a one bedroom and you then have the option of renting the other bedroom if needed in the future or renting it to two singles or small family if you want it for an investment. Plus it gives you extra room. When I lived there I used the extra room as my den. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 03:16 PM

3,534 posts, read 2,690,962 times
I was interested in Carriage Crossing as well. What turned me off was the condos have a neighbor above your or below you. Is this what's called a ranch style? Also, no garages or even carports are available.

I am curious if anyone knows what the condo fee's are here per month?
And where can I find the listing for the 3 bedroom unit. That may be interesting enough to bring me back to carriage crossing.

I agree the outside design is very attractive and has held up well considering the complex is 20 yrs old now. Conversely, look at Cromwell Hills which is 30-40 yrs old now. Their design is ugly and far out of date now.

There is one unit at carriage crossing (2 bedroom) that has been on the market for a year now @150k. The unit is empty. The description says something like "recently remodeled with pergo floors" I don't understand how people can sit on property like that. They have carrying costs every month. Don't they realize the longer the property sits - the more money they lose?

Old 04-28-2010, 04:24 PM

1,292 posts, read 2,080,558 times
"What turned me off was the condos have a neighbor above your or below you. Is this what's called a ranch style?"

yes.. and i don't like them either.. the way i look at it is why pay money for a place of your own if the living situation is no different than being in an apartment. if i was to spend money on my own place, i'd want it to have a lot more privacy than an apartment.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:27 PM

1,292 posts, read 2,080,558 times
"Can you tell me what complex you chose?"

if you're asking me, i never did buy that year. i'm still in the same apartment i was in 3 yrs ago when i was looking - unfortunately. one good thing though - my rent hasn't gone up once in that time.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:10 PM

2,102 posts, read 6,805,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Actually there is a sixth model as well. Strangely there is one (yes 1) 3 bedroom unit in the complex. It is on the top floor of the building to the left (south) of the club house. I think they combined three or 4 one bedroom units to make it and I believe it was done because of parking. The unit might even be for sale right now. I think I saw it listed.
It must be either Bldg 5 (26 units) or Bldg 9 (19 units). The other 14 buildings have 20 units:

280 = 14 x 20
26 = 1 x 26
19 = 1 x 19

UPDATE TO ADD...it's Bldg 9 (unit 183 - which is currently listed).

Old 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgompers View Post
I am curious if anyone knows what the condo fees are here per month? And where can i find the listing for the 3-bedroom unit. That may be interesting enough to bring me back to carriage crossing.
Listing number is N301307. According to the listing, the fees are $245/mo.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilopod View Post
I searched the name "Carriage Crossing" and came up with dozens of listings from various realtors.. but some of them may have been old ones.
There are currently 22 listings on the Statewide MLS: 17 are available and 5 are under deposit.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilopod View Post
Can you tell me what complex you chose? Looking at the condos at Carriage Crossing was my first experience looking at anything.. Is there a condo complex in the West Lake area that stands out to you as a better one? I am hoping to get something for around $150,000. Thanks
If you need/want a garage and don't want electric heat (as in Carriage Crossing), then take a look at Trolley Crossing.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

3,534 posts, read 2,690,962 times
Thanks to the link for the 3 bedroom @ carriage crossing. It's overpriced, so I'll pass. I also didn't realize carriage crossing (or maybe I forgot) has electric heat. That is on my list of "absolute must not have" in order for me to buy.

As for other condos in the area you can look in Cromwell in places like, Country Squire, Cromwell Hills, Fox Meadows, Oxford Park, and Skyview.

Fox Meadows, Oxford Park, and Skyview have some units with garages the other 2 don't. 150k may be a little low for these 3 with garages, but you mite be able to negotiate. I've seen 2 bdr units in Fox meadows sell for about 165k without a garage.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 PM

24,570 posts, read 40,120,453 times
You are going to have a hard time finding a condo in that price range that does not have electric heat. Either they will be older or just more expensive. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut