U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:24 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,194,053 times

Advertisements

Great info guys- thanks! I'm looking into the quartz now as well (thanks JV). We'll see how the prices come in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 AM

113 posts, read 287,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Ferrazoli on Middle Street in Middletown. I know a couple of people that used them and thought they were excellent and reasonably priced. They go all over the state. Jay

They did mine and where wonderful for my kitchen.

I also received for free leftovers for the bathrooms; only had to pay for fabrication.

Even had to get them to come back out to redo my seam a year later. They were back out in 3 days fixing it. They said that problem is common due to settling from the weight. That was 4 years ago.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 AM

113 posts, read 287,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorelinect View Post
They did mine and where wonderful for my kitchen.

I also received for free leftovers for the bathrooms; only had to pay for fabrication.

Even had to get them to come back out to redo my seam a year later. They were back out in 3 days fixing it. They said that problem is common due to settling from the weight. That was 4 years ago.
Do not buy anything else from them however; they can be double in price. There is a big sales area for all sorts of home improvement in there. It is off of I-91

Go to faucets.com to get your sinks and faucets. I bought Blanco's sinks and Moen faucets for half the price. They put the sink in for you but it is your job to hook up.

The hook is easy. Make sure your female, male couplings match (ie 5/8) and go to the hardware store and get metal fabricated over ruber tubing for strength against blowout. Also the plastic for the waste is simple cutting. It is easy the plumbing it took me an hour and a half for the double sink and bar. Part of my time was going back to the hardware store twice because I am not a plumber and do not carry every pipe in my basement and I forgot some things.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:42 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,194,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorelinect View Post
Do not buy anything else from them however; they can be double in price. There is a big sales area for all sorts of home improvement in there. It is off of I-91

Go to faucets.com to get your sinks and faucets. I bought Blanco's sinks and Moen faucets for half the price. They put the sink in for you but it is your job to hook up.

The hook is easy. Make sure your female, male couplings match (ie 5/8) and go to the hardware store and get metal fabricated over ruber tubing for strength against blowout. Also the plastic for the waste is simple cutting. It is easy the plumbing it took me an hour and a half for the double sink and bar. Part of my time was going back to the hardware store twice because I am not a plumber and do not carry every pipe in my basement and I forgot some things.
Good advice- thanks! I know the place you're referring to. I drive by it every morning and it is huge. One other place I've talked to is Design center East in Willimantic CT, anybody have any experience with them? The gent I spoke to was very knowledgeable educated me about engineered quartz.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,281,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
The gent I spoke to was very knowledgeable educated me about engineered quartz.
I say this while living in a glass house myself...Be careful about industry "knowledge". There are many people who can SOUND smart, but really dont' know squat and are just parotting what their supplier has spoon fed them through a training course or demonstration.

In my experience, it takes years and years of experience and installation to really have a say that is unbiased and has worth. I'm not there yet, but thankfully I have some 5th generation stone people in my family and circle of influence. When I'm stuck, I talk to them - not the supplier or design center.

I'm a fan of Cambria's stuff personally. They tend to have the highest content of natural quartz (Purity really) in their product AND they are the ONLY quartz supplier in the United States. Most others come from China etc.

Good luck with everything.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 7,904 times
I can recommend excellent company LivingstoneSurface. Here you can will familiarize with countertops, to choose that which has liked also to you it can establish. Can learn more having visited website Countertops here

Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM

65,951 posts, read 48,080,897 times
Gotta tell this story... Went through Home Cheapo to get our Granite... They sent us to a place in Queens to pick our Slab...We liked other colors there but we were only limited to Home Cheapo's colors through them...They brought out 3 slabs.

We picked the slab we wanted. They marked it.
They Installed the counter. I noticed a white spot and noticed a pattern that I wanted was NOT part of the installation.

Long story short.....It wasn't the Slab I picked. They asked me to check underneath to see if my name was on it....NOPE....

An inspector came out and looked for himself....Nothing.....It wasn't my Slab...

Had Paid $2700...they gave me $1200 credit for making the mistake...

Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,241 times
The Granite City in East Windsor. They did an awesome job on my kitchen. I am very pleased with how I was treated with the greatest respect. I would recomend them to anyone. I am pleased with how professional and smooth everything went.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,467 times
Default Granite counters

There is an Irish guy in Southington named Ben Hogan, his company is Celtic Stoneworks. I have seen his work and it is truly amazing. I am a contractor in CT and from what i have heard from others he has set up three successful stoneshops in ct in 9 years including Lymans. He now works for himself i would never use anyone else. Real mason and a nice guy too.
Dave

Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM

56 posts, read 321,799 times
Great info. We are also looking to install granite in the near future and a neighbor of mine recommended Celtic Stoneworks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut