Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM

6 posts, read 430,610 times

Advertisements

I am close to purchasing a home and just received the following test results:

The radon in water results came back slightly over the limit of 5,000 pCi/l.

The potability results came back with a slightly high sodium level.

I am concerned with both. I have not yet talked to my realtor or inspector since I didnt get the results until late this evening by email.

This seems like a big issue to me, especially the Radon. Should I consider moving on with my home search? Im not that familiar with the dangers of Radon other than a few things I just read after looking it up. While it says its only slightly over the limit, anything close to the limit should be a legitimate issue, right?

The sodium levels might not be a safety issue, but even that I should be concerned with. I get enough sodium from some of the junk food I eat, I dont need or want any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 07:09 AM

468 posts, read 523,435 times
Don't worry about the sodium, IMO.

I'm curious as to where you got the 5000 pC/l "limit" for radon in water. To the best of my knowledge, there is as yet no limit set.

Radon in water can be mitigated. It's more expensive than mitigating radon in air, but it can be done. And the process, which involves forcing air into the water, can enhance the taste of the water.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:23 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,014 times
Well i cant comment on the radon but normally if you have a problem with public health you would call your local director of health for whatever town that may be. I would start by calling their office and maybe they can answer your questions for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut