U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,193,944 times

Advertisements

Where is it better to park, or does it not matter? *at the airport or a lot off the airport, I meant to clarify

Any recommendations for places? I prefer covered parking.

Do I need to call in advance or just show up?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM

16,232 posts, read 25,466,874 times
We always park off-site, at the Galaxy lot. It's much less expensive.

It's not covered, but that hasn't posed a problem, even in winter. They have a fabulous shuttle service that takes you and your bags from your car, right to airline's entrance. Just remember to tip the shuttle guy a couple of bucks.

No need to call in advance. I don't even know if they have that option, actually.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,193,944 times
Thanks I will check into them. First time I have ever done that (park a car).

Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 AM

16,232 posts, read 25,466,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Thanks I will check into them. First time I have ever done that (park a car).
It's easy-peasy.

I can't tell you where the lot is, except to say that you go past the airport and it's on the right side.

Get a ticket at the booth and just drive in and park your car. (Tip: Try to park as close to the entrance as possible so that you'll get dropped off at your car first, upon your return.)

Keep the ticket with you, or leave it in the car, it doesn't matter. But make sure that you write down where you parked your car so that you remember where to find it when you return.

Stand outside your car. I don't know how those shuttle guys spot you but they always do. They're magic.

You'll tell him what airline you're taking and he'll take you to that door at the airport.

When you return, you'll see a sign at one of the doors, telling you that shuttles pick up there. (Hmmm. Now I'm not remembering if that's really true, or if you can just wait outside where everyone is getting into taxis, etc... Anyway, just go out one of the doors next to the baggage carousels. That's where the shuttles pick up.)

It might take a few minutes until the shuttle that you want arrives. There are other shuttles -- don't get on the wrong one! If you park in the Galaxy lot, you need a Galaxy shuttle.

As you approach the lot, the driver will ask where everyone is parked and will drop you at your car.

Ta da!

You'll be fine. Have a super trip.

ETA: I think that there's a phone number on the ticket so that if you arrive on a late-night flight and the shuttles are slow to come, you can call them and tell them to come get you.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM

24,625 posts, read 40,208,466 times
We always use Roncari which is just past the airport. They are the closest to the terminal and do a great job. They also always have online coupons which save us some money. Jay

Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 AM

2,766 posts, read 8,851,506 times
We have always used Bradley Airport Parking, Bradley Airport Shuttle – Executive Valet Parking which is an outdoor parking space, but they do have a shuttle, and our cars are always well taken care of.

Though we now have family who lives real close to the airport, so their driveway is now our airport parking .....

Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM

523 posts, read 835,805 times
I am quite fond of Lot 3 (although all the outdoor lots are great) No covered parking though. I find the airport lot shuttle comes just a little more frequently if your flight lands late at night. The offsite companies are just as easy (and cheap) and will make you never want to fly from JFK or Laguardia again!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,677,768 times
Roncari is at the same driveway as Galaxy. The biggest difference, really, is that Rancari will dust the snow off your car and have it warmed up for you by the time their shuttle picks you up and delivers you. It's marginally more expensive, but that margin widens if you use your AAA discount at Galaxy.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 AM

786 posts, read 3,436,331 times
For our last trip we used Park Shuttle & Fly. They are just the Dollar Rent-A-Car parking lot and it is super cheap, but NOT WORTH IT. We had to wait forever for a shuttle to the lot on our return and then wait in line for everyone renting a car through Dollar just to get our car keys. (It's a very small operation). They then brought us our car which was completely COVERED in bird droppings. Yuck! We'll never use them again.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:28 PM

24,625 posts, read 40,208,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Roncari is at the same driveway as Galaxy. The biggest difference, really, is that Rancari will dust the snow off your car and have it warmed up for you by the time their shuttle picks you up and delivers you. It's marginally more expensive, but that margin widens if you use your AAA discount at Galaxy.
roncari also offers a AAA discount. I forgot to mention that in my post. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut