U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM

2,394 posts, read 3,342,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
While I don't like the guy too much, the backlash against him seems a little contrived especially in this situation. Yes he misspoke,
You misspelled "he lied"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 PM

15,774 posts, read 22,047,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
You misspelled "he lied"
Don't they all?

Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Don't they all?
I reserve a special disdain for the kind of weasel who claims combat zone experience. That is so far beyond the kind of usual political dissembling that it's not comparable.

I was on active duty during Vietnam, but never was on the ground in the combat area. To falsely claim that would be the worst kind of dishonor to the men and women whose names are on that wall in Washington DC, one of whom was a friend of mine from high school.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 PM

1,335 posts, read 2,837,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I'm afraid I find it hard to disagree with you.
Too bad there aren't others. People are too busy taking up the armor and sword, rather than actually accomplishing anything.

I don't blame Shawn Johnston (state rep., 51st district) for getting sick of it all and leaving.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 PM

15,774 posts, read 22,047,781 times
Quote:
I reserve a special disdain for the kind of weasel who claims combat zone experience. That is so far beyond the kind of usual political dissembling that it's not comparable.

I was on active duty during Vietnam, but never was on the ground in the combat area. To falsely claim that would be the worst kind of dishonor to the men and women whose names are on that wall in Washington DC, one of whom was a friend of mine from high school.
Well said.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 AM

1,932 posts, read 3,179,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
No JViello, I am not ready to recant. The fact is that Linda McMahon took credit for this and as I noted in my post, I did not like the way she responded to the question. She smiled and smugly said she did. Whether the Times was going to print the article already or not, she was involved and probably would have used it at some point anyway. That is what I don't like about her. Where is a monkey when you need one? Jay
Here ya go- your screaming ape...

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 AM

113 posts, read 286,302 times
We forgot to mention he lied too about being captain of the Harvard Swim Team. HE NEVER WAS!!!!!

The 03/10/10 Waterbury Republican, page A14 Wall Street Journal 05/21/10 and a reprint of Yankee Institutes article in section A of the W.S.J. 05/22/10 says it all.

The above

His Vietnam Service

Suing the utilities gave us lower rates: we have the 2nd highest in the nation

Suing companies creates jobs: we have the worst business climate in 50 states

Suing United Technologies: 26,000 CT jobs, largest CT private employer, imagine all that income tax out the window (both payroll and revenue) any other state would love them.

Suing for his own exposure, what night do we not see tricky dicky either on CT or national news

Companies paying for his campaign to put him in DC to get him out of CT so he won't sue them.

Going across state lines (AIG, Tobacco, etc) or Fed territories for law suits.

NOT INDICTING DODD FOR HIS COUNTRYWIDE ROLE!!!! Maybe he wants his job.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM

24,678 posts, read 40,256,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Here ya go- your screaming ape...
Maybe I will reconsider that statement. Jay

Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 AM

Here is Blumenthal's real record. Shabby, opportunistic and sleazy.

Fergus Cullen: Richard Blumenthal's Real Record - WSJ.com

Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM

722 posts, read 1,703,097 times
Quote:
Here is Blumenthal's real record. Shabby, opportunistic and sleazy.

Fergus Cullen: Richard Blumenthal's Real Record - WSJ.com

Thanks for the link, headedwest. I'm not a Blumenthal fan, but i'm petrified of Linda McMahon. I'm planning on a minor in political science and one of my pols professors said last semester noted how popular she was in certain parts of the state. She also spends so much money on television time-but she doesn't talk about anything. ("Let's Change Washington"? how are we gonna do that, linda? says another professor) (Lets cut spending) Do we have enough submarines? Should we close the sub base if we do? Most of my profs say she's riding a political wave and we're allowing her to do it. Some Republicans were afraid of President Obama for campaigning in the same way. But their doing it themselves now.

Anyhow, I was always interested Blumenthal lawsuit with pratt+whitney. Why is he suing them exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or