U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM

1,930 posts, read 3,174,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
Thanks for the link, headedwest. I'm not a Blumenthal fan, but i'm petrified of Linda McMahon. I'm planning on a minor in political science and one of my pols professors said last semester noted how popular she was in certain parts of the state. She also spends so much money on television time-but she doesn't talk about anything. ("Let's Change Washington"? how are we gonna do that, linda? says another professor) (Lets cut spending) Do we have enough submarines? Should we close the sub base if we do? Most of my profs say she's riding a political wave and we're allowing her to do it. Some Republicans were afraid of President Obama for campaigning in the same way. But their doing it themselves now.

Anyhow, I was always interested Blumenthal lawsuit with pratt+whitney. Why is he suing them exactly?
Here is a article about him sticking his nose in it...Pratt & Whitney battles Blumenthal over jobs - Norwalk News - The Hour - Norwalk's Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 AM

1,335 posts, read 2,834,310 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link, headedwest. I'm not a Blumenthal fan, but i'm petrified of Linda McMahon. I'm planning on a minor in political science and one of my pols professors said last semester noted how popular she was in certain parts of the state. She also spends so much money on television time-but she doesn't talk about anything. ("Let's Change Washington"? how are we gonna do that, linda? says another professor) (Lets cut spending) Do we have enough submarines? Should we close the sub base if we do? Most of my profs say she's riding a political wave and we're allowing her to do it. Some Republicans were afraid of President Obama for campaigning in the same way. But their doing it themselves now.

Anyhow, I was always interested Blumenthal lawsuit with pratt+whitney. Why is he suing them exactly?

Bolded part is where I'm at. I have to "like" Blumenthal, simply because it's better than the alternative. (Isn't every election like this?)

As for Pratt, they just want to take advantage of cheaper labor expenses in other states or countries. We want a better living in Connecticut, so it's too costly to the bottom line.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 AM

113 posts, read 286,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Bolded part is where I'm at. I have to "like" Blumenthal, simply because it's better than the alternative. (Isn't every election like this?)

As for Pratt, they just want to take advantage of cheaper labor expenses in other states or countries. We want a better living in Connecticut, so it's too costly to the bottom line.

YES; to get him out of the state so he can not sue anymore!

His hand pick to take his place, Secretary of State Susie Bysoweiz (what ever) had to drop out. Tricky Dicky and sleazy Sue did not realize to be Attorney General you needed 10 years as a trial attorney. Not a government paper pushing job as Secretary of State.

Please Dicky sue Dodd for Countrywide and Irish sweetheart land dealings. You sue everybody else

Old 05-27-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorelinect View Post
YES; to get him out of the state so he can not sue anymore!

His hand pick to take his place, Secretary of State Susie Bysoweiz (what ever) had to drop out. Tricky Dicky and sleazy Sue did not realize to be Attorney General you needed 10 years as a trial attorney. Not a government paper pushing job as Secretary of State.

Please Dicky sue Dodd for Countrywide and Irish sweetheart land dealings. You sue everybody else
That is my problem lately with establishment politicians. As soon as Chris Dodd quits, Dick Blumenthal is right there and ready to jump in. Blumenthal might have been wanted to be a senator, but it's like... could you at least show some interest in helping the people rather than doing it for the sake of giving yourself a promotion and/or being put into the role.

A few months ago, I was very worried that this situation would play out just like it did in another state. Long time position is finally vacant, and the establishment picks an attorney general to fill the role. At times, this person didn't seem to even want the job and campaigned horribly. Then got blown out of the water as the opponent carried all the momentum.

January 19th, I was driving around and was seeing "Vote for Scott Brown" signs ... in Connecticut. And this is why I originally supported Merrick Alpert (again, not the greatest candidate in the world... as usual), but I was deeply afraid of seeing Martha Coakley round 2 happen in our state. And for a little while, I thought Blumenthal would be CT's Coakley. I *loathe* Linda McMahon, and at least she's woke up Blumenthal to what's coming. She isn't Scott Brown by a longshot, she's basically the typical corporatist and out for herself and not the people. So let's see how much Blumenthal really wants the job in the next five plus months.

We really need better/smarter Democrats in this state to rise up, instead of getting buried by the establishment. I think you're seeing a bit of this now with Ned Lamont ahead of Dan Malloy in the polls.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,251,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

We really need better/smarter Democrats in this state to rise up, instead of getting buried by the establishment. I think you're seeing a bit of this now with Ned Lamont ahead of Dan Malloy in the polls.
This statement is contradictory. Lamont and McMahon are both cut from the same cloth. Rich, fake personalities from Greenwich that are willing to spend millions of their $$$$$$ to buy themselves an office. I'm a Repub and i detest McMahon. I'll hold my nose and vote for Bloomers if it comes down to him against her.

As far as the governorship goes, i was pleasantly surprised by the Dem's nomination of Malloy over Lamont. The changes that i saw in the city of Stamford during Malloy's tenure were incredible. I know people tend to dismiss it as a byproduct of a raging economy during that period, but i don't agree with the philosophy that it was strictly due to good times. I truly believe that Malloy was an exceptional mayor, and i intend to vote for him if he is on the ballot in November.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM

24,596 posts, read 40,159,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
This statement is contradictory. Lamont and McMahon are both cut from the same cloth. Rich, fake personalities from Greenwich that are willing to spend millions of their $$$$$$ to buy themselves an office. I'm a Repub and i detest McMahon. I'll hold my nose and vote for Bloomers if it comes down to him against her.

As far as the governorship goes, i was pleasantly surprised by the Dem's nomination of Malloy over Lamont. The changes that i saw in the city of Stamford during Malloy's tenure were incredible. I know people tend to dismiss it as a byproduct of a raging economy during that period, but i don't agree with the philosophy that it was strictly due to good times. I truly believe that Malloy was an exceptional mayor, and i intend to vote for him if he is on the ballot in November.
Wow, I agree agree with you on this. Jay

Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM

5,536 posts, read 8,192,972 times
The Blumenthal-McMahon choice for the US Senate seat epitomizes just about everything that is wrong with our politics.

Blumenthal is nothing but a self-promoter who has used his public office as a platform to advance his own interests, without doing anything discernible for the people of the state. It is to our great disgrace that we have repeatedly elected this man to the useless office that he holds. He's the epitome of the politician who uses the people he's supposed to serve to advance his own interests.

McMahon is a person who decided it would be nice to fill her free time with taking a US Senate seat, and she's going to buy it for herself if she can.

To have the Senate choice between these two is just a travesty.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

What I had meant was - Lamont is the one who is coming from the outside, only getting a third of the delegates at the convention. Though he does have some big names backing him, most of the party insiders favor Malloy compared to the general electorate at large.

I have a gut feeling that Lamont would be nowhere near as awful as McMahon too.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:09 AM

10 posts, read 15,174 times
Quote:

For union votes! They wanted some layoffs and tricky Dicky had to come running. Every company is pulling out of CT because of the worst business climate he created (#50 out of 50 states) GREAT. Just look at all the United Tech (subsidiaries too) jobs that left CT since he became A.G.

I guess I am one of those trash your hubris pol. sci prof talk about. 1st Lt. U.S. Army active, Major (Ret-Reserves). ROTC & atheletic scholarship to Rutgers with electrical engineer major and NYU MBA Employer of 14 people in this state. Well gosh golly let me get my shotgun out or walk around talking like George Plimpton and say "I read in the NY Times today." My neighbor must be one too as a U-Penn Wharton grad.

I can sound as stereotypical as you. Do you see those pompous, pretentious Dicky fans sitting with their union beer belly friends. What a juxaposition!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 AM

470 posts, read 960,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
So what do you guys think about the vaunted Richard Blumenthals selective memory when it comes to his military service? His actual service amounted to fixing playground equipment, tents and delivering toys for tots ( at least a valuable deed, IMO).

This guy has no shame.

Who's he going to sue now??
A politician lying about...anything?
The HELL you say!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or