U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 PM

3,730 posts, read 8,511,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The Route 6 corridor has a lot of shopping and restaurant options along it so I don't agree with that part of the above post. Also, there are movie theaters in neighboring towns which are not that far from Bristol. Jay
I think what he meant is that the Route 6 corridor is mainly a series of strip malls with typical chain stores and restaurants. I can't think of too many upscale stores or restaurants comparable to what one might find in a town like West Hartford.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 10:51 AM

86 posts, read 57,239 times
The nicest area, which offers both convienience and a mix of different things is Forestville. Forestville covers the area between the Plainville town line, the Southington town line, Middle st., just west of King st. up to about Bristol Eastern high school, just south of Louisiana ave. to just west of Brook st. and up to Farmington ave.

Although, downtown Bristol is just starting to improve, but its more urban. Forestville is more suburban.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:01 AM

754 posts, read 793,010 times
I have lived in bristol for 15 years.... different areas including by police station.

I would recommend areas by ESPN, Redstone Hill RD, Chippens Hill, Stafford Ave area Emmit st (maybe).

I wouldn't recommend areas by center (police station) route 6, davis drive, boulevard area, and union st.

Bristol is like any larger town... some good parts and some bad. Its a little white trashy in some areas and has mostly dreadful restaurants and nightlife. I lived on chippens hill for years and loved it. Very quiet. When I lived in the police station area i never had a problem but ive known other$ who have had many issues in that area with crime and assaults. The best place is near ESPN for many reasons. You have access to many highways. You are close to Plainville and Southington where the eateries are much better and have a little more to offer nightlife wise. Only in Bristol will you see the Bon Jovi car or where a guy at taco bell is a local legend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQpOPq8HLXc start at 1 min mark

If he's on a budget I would recommend near Emmit ST. Tons of condos and apts for rent. Very close to highway and the cities i mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut