U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 AM

65,187 posts, read 47,535,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lee View Post
Including many diseases...
E X A C T L Y ... No bugs in cooler weather..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 AM

5,065 posts, read 13,303,789 times
It was a little warm yesterday, but we didn't turn on the AC. Sitting in the shade, or indoors in front of a fan, it wasn't too bad. I'll take it over winter any day.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM

2,081 posts, read 4,129,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
it was a little warm yesterday, but we didn't turn on the ac. Sitting in the shade, or indoors in front of a fan, it wasn't too bad. I'll take it over winter any day.
e x a c t l y!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:21 AM

183 posts, read 265,678 times
I'm in Michigan where it will be 87 degrees today. I'm sending everyone a virtual shade tree (those, we have lots of). Enjoy.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM

4,445 posts, read 8,303,701 times
Quote:
Including many diseases...
You mean like skidding off the highway in snow/ice and hitting another car, tree, or flipping over and killing yourself (or someone else)…or the hundreds of elderly people who slip and fall on ice/snow and end up in a wheelchair for the last year of their lives…or the frozen pipes that bust…the furnace burning costly oil…etc.

Thankfully the Tri-State area has a brief winter…but I see on the news every morning in the winter months the muti-car fatal accidents in places like Michigan, Minnesota, upstate NY…we had an aunt in Milwaukee who skidded off the highway and hit a tree - it took her a year to fully recover.

If you just take heat slow with cold drink you’ll be fine. A sunny 90 F day is far safer for getting around than a wintery day. They tolerated the heat/humidity for 200 years in places like Savannah and Charleston and they did fine (without AC).

Winter sucks. Period.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 AM

2,102 posts, read 6,817,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
You mean like skidding off the highway in snow/ice and hitting another car, tree, or flipping over and killing yourself (or someone else)…or the hundreds of elderly people who slip and fall on ice/snow and end up in a wheelchair for the last year of their lives…or the frozen pipes that bust…the furnace burning costly oil…etc.
I can't say that I've ever been in a car accident due to snow or ice. As for the frozen pipes, I think you're taking it to the extreme (haven't experienced that, either). I do know that more people die from the heat each year than from the cold.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM

2,766 posts, read 8,859,588 times
I think statistically more people are killed in car accidents in the summer then they are in the winter....sorry

Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM

5,065 posts, read 13,303,789 times
Quote:
I can't say that I've ever been in a car accident due to snow or ice.
I have.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:12 PM

9,404 posts, read 8,476,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post

Thankfully the Tri-State area has a brief winter…but I see on the news every morning in the winter months the muti-car fatal accidents in places like Michigan, Minnesota, upstate NY…we had an aunt in Milwaukee who skidded off the highway and hit a tree - it took her a year to fully recover.

If you just take heat slow with cold drink you’ll be fine. A sunny 90 F day is far safer for getting around than a wintery day. They tolerated the heat/humidity for 200 years in places like Savannah and Charleston and they did fine (without AC).

Winter sucks. Period.
You need to move

Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM

9,404 posts, read 8,476,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman27 View Post
Hate. Hate. Hate.
Snowman you and Wave Hunter should put on a heat miser/snow miser skit! Remember the old Christmas show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut