Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:41 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumbullite View Post

And I don't find our little neighborhoods claustrophobic at all.
So sorry! I guess that was directed at me. I am just not a people fan, I prefer being surrounded by nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
So sorry! I guess that was directed at me. I am just not a people fan, I prefer being surrounded by nature.
LOL. Maybe Liberty Street soured you a bit on "denser" neighborhoods? I'd prefer to be surrounded by acreage myself, but it is possible to find ~.25acre lot neighborhoods in FFC that are reasonably quiet/private. Even in the cities like Bridgeport and Stamford it's possible to find them.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:14 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
LOL. Maybe Liberty Street soured you a bit on "denser" neighborhoods? I'd prefer to be surrounded by acreage myself, but it is possible to find ~.25acre lot neighborhoods in FFC that are reasonably quiet/private. Even in the cities like Bridgeport and Stamford it's possible to find them.
Even one acre lots are too "dense" for me. I don't want to hear any traffic out the window, see my neighbors, hear them, or even see their homes----and I need several acres of woods around me, too. I'm very fussy.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:42 PM

19 posts, read 31,472 times
Thank you all so much for the feedback! We have not gotten to visit there yet so I'm trying to gather as much info ahead of time to make our trip beneficial.
I kind of like the closer neighborhoods! I don't want to be able to touch my next door neighbor's house but I do like that my 7 year old walks down the street several houses to his friends' houses. From looking at Google Maps it seems as if the houses in most towns - especially the ones nearer to Danbury (Bethel, Newtown, Brookfield) are along single streets with not much of a "neighborhood" feel. I'm sure it's hard to tell what a town is really like from a computer so I am looking forward to getting up there for a visit. Thanks for helping to narrow down the areas a bit. I like the sound of Fairfield (like my "stuff" close by) but am not sure about the commute - or what $525K would buy there. Am definitely considering Newtown, Bethel and Brookfield - and still want to see Trumbull.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,843,561 times
[quote=trumbullite;14471535
I live in the Frenchtown area of Trumbull and our lot is .21 acres. It's very down to earth here, except for northern Trumbull residents. They are a bit reclusive, snobbish if you will.[/quote]

This is completely untrue. Tashua residents are not reclusive nor snobbish. Check out the golf course or pool any time of day and they will be very busy. Tashua is affluent, as is Nichols but the people in the community are wonderful.

Saying Tashua is snobby simply because it has wealth there would be kind of like saying Frenchtown residents are "trashy" because it has cheaper homes in that section. Kind of silly.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:37 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
The commute from Trumbull to Danbury would be a lot better if it was a 4 or 6 lane highway up to 84, instead of where it ends now. Even ending it where they did was a terrible idea, should've extended it further, maybe halfway between 111 and Tashua road, so 111 could've been the next exit.

Too late to do it now obviously, but 4 lane highway with an access road some of the way to accomodate the highway (like the LIE has on Long Island):
Exit 10 (111)
Exit 11 (Tashua rd [southbound], Spring Hill [northbound])
Exit 12 (Judd Road/Old Newtown road [where the Dutches is])
Exit 13 (Hattertown/Pepper st and that road that goes out to Easton [59 I think it is??])
Exit 14 (Swamp road [Northbound], Botsford Hill [Southbound])
Exit 15 (302)
Exit 16 (route 6 East, where the flag pole is)
Exit 17 (Route 6 West), and end the highway either there or at 84.

Would've made the drive a lot better, especially after 2:00 PM. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut