Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,743 times

Advertisements

They do call cell numbers. I have had a number of calls from private (no data) listed and from area codes all over the country on my smart phone. I use the number blocking feature on my phone to block them. I think I have over fifty numbers blocked so far. The caller unusually has an Indian accent. I have told a few of the callers that I am an agent of the FCC and that there are being recorded. They unusually then just hang up. I have had a few though that I was able to get into conversation with and at the end told them I would be issuing at warrant for there arrest. I had one become worried and said he only works there. I figure that you cannot stop them from calling given all ths t I have heard and seen from this site and others, so I figure that you might as well have some fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 09:55 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,450,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissed-off440 View Post
They do call cell numbers. I have had a number of calls from private (no data) listed and from area codes all over the country on my smart phone. I use the number blocking feature on my phone to block them. I think I have over fifty numbers blocked so far. The caller unusually has an Indian accent. I have told a few of the callers that I am an agent of the FCC and that there are being recorded. They unusually then just hang up. I have had a few though that I was able to get into conversation with and at the end told them I would be issuing at warrant for there arrest. I had one become worried and said he only works there. I figure that you cannot stop them from calling given all ths t I have heard and seen from this site and others, so I figure that you might as well have some fun.
Though I cannot disagree with your actions, in principal, I would be careful about making false claims that you are a law enforcement officer. Impersonation a LEO is illegal in most/all states. One may argue that prosecution in you case would be unlikely, but it always a possibility.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
I get calls from these drug pushers daily. I got addicted to prescription muscle relaxers years ago and got clean over 2 years ago. I am ashamed to admit that I bought pills from them a couple of times and they still call me. My cell phone allows me to block up to 100 numbers. I have used all my blocks and they still call me from other numbers. They must have thousands of numbers.
When they called me today I had some time to spare so I thought I would have some fun at their expense, and waste their time and mess with them.
First of all, I told them I could get a better deal on pills elsewhere. They started lowering their price then we agreed on a price (After haggling for 10-15 minutes). Then, when they confirmed my address (They still had it on file) I told them I moved and gave them a fake address (Another 10 minutes of there time wasted). Then I told them I couldn't find my credit card (Another 10 minutes) Then I gave them a fake credit card number (Of course it didn't work) wasted more of their time. Then I gave them yet another fake credit card number. Of course, I couldn't find that one either. I wrote the fake credit card numbers down as I was talking to them. Then I told him to go back to the first fake card and try it again. In total, I think I wasted about an hour of his time. At that point, I told them that if they were a legitimate company they would have been able to process my information correctly. He eventually got so fed up with me that HE hung up on me. And I got a really good laugh.
If everyone did this maybe they would get the message and quit calling. One can only hope.
If you decide to do this, just remember that visa cards always start with a 4 and are 16 digits long. MasterCard always starts with a 5 and also has 16 digits . You also need to have a fake expiration code and another 3 digit code.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Default United States pharmacy

They are calling cell phones. I get several calls a day on my cell. I'd like to know why there's
nothing that can be done about it.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,450,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper 66 View Post
They are calling cell phones. I get several calls a day on my cell. I'd like to know why there's
nothing that can be done about it.
Because this stuff is legal in the countries they call from. Read the other 93 posts in this thread for more details.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,654 times
Default US Pharmacy - a real annoyance

I, too, have been receiving calls from US Pharmacy callers for more than 2 years now. Each time the call comes from a new phone number and a different area code. It's hard to avoid picking up the phone, because I'm looking for a new job so get calls from recruiters and potential employers, so I have to answer! If anyone does figure out how to get removed from the list, I'd love to know!

Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,285 times
FYI. Scammers are already getting cell numbers as well. I'm sure that eventually all our cell numbers will be sold and used. We're screwed! I'm about ready to throw all my phones out the window and use another mode of communication. Maybe go back to smoke signals:]

Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissed-off440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
Though I cannot disagree with your actions, in principal, I would be careful about making false claims that you are a law enforcement officer. Impersonation a LEO is illegal in most/all states. One may argue that prosecution in you case would be unlikely, but it always a possibility.
I talked very sincerely and frankly to one. I told her that I understood that she needs a job, but if I were her, I would find another job because authorities are getting close to discovering where these calls are coming from and I hate for her to get in trouble. I hope and wish that it is true. Something needs to be done. I would definitely not accept such as job.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,155 times
I just called the original number where I ordered this medicine from in Feb 2014. They claim that they do NOT keep phone numbers, but yet she was able to tell me that they will only call me 2 times, and NEVER call to push you to refill, or constantly call the customers. She DID have my phone number (a cell phone) in my profile, she found my previous (1 time) order using my zip code, and last name. I asked her to change my profile phone number to another cell phone that I have as a backup phone. We will see if that works. Then if that works, I will cancel that phone and change the number and hopefully they will NEVER call.

Here is their phone number: 1-800-836-3177

Everyone should call THEM every day, doing *67 before dialing to BLOCK your number so they cannot see it.

Also, if anyone has a computer that can hook up online with a repeat dialing ability (or someone write a program that will just KEEP calling them constantly, and JAM their phone lines up). That would be awesome. SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,155 times
They CLAIM that they are NOT related to US Pharmacy, BUT the ONLY way that anyone would know that I EVER purchased this medication would be this company.

1-800-836-3177

This is the ONLY place I have ever called, it was advertised on XM Radio every day, I was a fool, and got suckered into buying from them, and later realized it was NOT in the UK, but in fact was in India. Yes, I was an idiot, and bought it.

Share this with others, call THEM and ask to have your profile and records removed. Waste THEIR time, make THEM spend time talking with YOU, and kill their sales and all.

That is just a thought. I will call them every day now, and mess with them.

There is a funny Youtube video where a Radio program guy messed with this guy in India from US Pharmacy, it is worth listening to. Just google it and find it. It is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Consumer Electronics